• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Early family outing to Skegness....Uncles Aunts Grandparents cousins..all went for the day by train..about 1950........ Me with my Grandad and Uncle Sonny riding pillion........

Witnessed totally disgusting behaviour on the beach at Skegness today. A man and woman arguing in front of a load of kids then she smacked him one on the head and it all kicked off between them, the p

I love Skegness.  I have lots of lovely memories of going there with my parents when I was little, exciting memories of going on impromptu day trips as a teenager, our honeymoon there and  then taking

Posted Images

Perhaps the original Figure 8 at the South end was moved to the North end to make way for the Wild Mouse?

20 hours ago, MargieH said:

Perhaps the original Figure 8 at the South end was moved to the North end to make way for the Wild Mouse?

You may well be right there MargieH - 

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well at least you can see the sea, did you go down "fish n; Chip" ally for your fish n chips or call at the Linger/longer.

We had a friend who would aways call at the Linger/Longer every night, and he would say "if Fred serves me i can get down to the Ship pub, but if his missi's servers you get less chips as you only get to the garage on the corner just befor the ship. 

Must admitt missed bowling at Skeg this year.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

CF, that plateful would do for the two of us ! Especially with the addition of a slice of bread and butter, plus a cuppa tea.

3 hours ago, radfordred said:

Well now you've quoted the said picture we call all see it twice ...... one after the other :crazy:

Except we can't, it's chopped in half...   ;)  unless it's expanded

The only good thing about Skeg is over 50 bowls week when you won single's pairs. or trips you also had a Jolly Fisherman figurine but alas the lady who made these figures passed away. So for a couple of years they were missing but now there back you cant keep the Jolly Fisherman figurine down for long.

One other silly thing that the council have done is sold the south green off and a hotel is now built there, lets get rid of thoes bowlers the hotel makes us more money/

If any of you are interested over 55 bowls week is from 19th June then they normally have the Nationals comps  then in September just another good week of bowling.

• 3 weeks later...