• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Early family outing to Skegness....Uncles Aunts Grandparents cousins..all went for the day by train..about 1950........ Me with my Grandad and Uncle Sonny riding pillion........

Witnessed totally disgusting behaviour on the beach at Skegness today. A man and woman arguing in front of a load of kids then she smacked him one on the head and it all kicked off between them, the p

I love Skegness.  I have lots of lovely memories of going there with my parents when I was little, exciting memories of going on impromptu day trips as a teenager, our honeymoon there and  then taking

Posted Images

saved5

One year later.......this time in Rhyl........Dad got same Skeggy suit on.......and i'd gone all shy........think 1950

• Like 4
saved4

Another busy day in Skegness (1949?)

Don't want to hold ya hand Mam...

What ya done with that ''Ten Bob note our John''?

• Like 4

My father was also an RAF instrument tech. When he was demobbed he went back to work as an engineer but he started up a sideline in watch and clock repairs. He also kept hens in our small garden and sold the eggs. Every Christmas one was earmarked for slaughter and I watched with interest as he broke its neck over a broom handle. I used to help with the plucking and removal of the innards.

• Like 2

Drove through Skeg today on my way back from the Village church farm museum, the place was packed with folk and all the seat were taken outside the chippies even the one RR posted about, good to see the place doing well

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...