Brian Matthew R.I.P.

I read and it was apparently announced on radio 2 on the 5th April that Brian Mathew had died yet on BBC tv news this morning (9th April) they're saying he died yesterday. Is this a glitch in the matrix. Were they wrong on the 5th. Are the BBC tv sleeping. Did I see the future without realising.

Always listened to Sounds of the Sixties,he took me back to my youth every Saturday morning,he will be sadly missed RIP Brian

2 hours ago, letsavagoo said:

. Were they wrong on the 5th. 

The BBC were told (incorrectly) by a member of his family that Matthew had died on April 5th, which must've been embarrassing for the family. So the BBC naturally believed what they were told. Later it was clarified that the family member had been wrong.

Brian Matthew's track record is amazing. He met, and worked with, and knew, many of the stars of the 60s, often before they reached their eventual peak. You can still hear recordings of Saturday Club where's he's chatting to the Beatles and the Stones and DC5 etc - although even then he was an "old" man in his mid-30s.