Weren't they mentioned in an earlier post somewhere,seem to remember sommat about appliances being displayed in the shop window,could have been down Hockley though thinking about it

Rog

I think plantfit may be remembering this topic.  https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/16076-family-planning/

I'm not sure if the original question here ....

15 hours ago, Choughman said:

Health food type shop, sold lovely coffee etc etc. 

...fits with this...

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

London Surgical Supplies ?............Foreman street,..........1960s

Benjamin's interest in unusual clothing is still uppermost in his thoughts.

• Upvote 2

#10 Denshaw..................once again Denshaw thats the one,spot on.............big grey haired bloke white coat................

• 1 month later...

so kind, cant believe I've had so many replies and so much effort to find him. He was a good friend of my dad, Brian Osborne. I'm trying to find out about my dad who I believe died before l was born. He lived in Lincoln tho but his friend Alan introduced him to my mum. I vaguely remember getting cinnamon sticks from Alans shop but that's all I can remember. Existed in the early/ mid 70s.

sorry for delay replying, I'm not well ( had two strokes! And I'm only 42!) .i had forgotten all about this post!!!!

This is very un-scientific research but I can see a death for a Brian Osborne in Lincs in 1977 . Gives a date of birth for him of 1932 .
Assuming his friend Alan Freeman was of a similar age (and Alan wasn't a middle name) , I could only see one with that name in Nottingham and he was born in 1931 . In 1939 he was living on Valley Rd,  Basford with his parents. Unfortunately there is a death for an Alan Freeman , (born 1931)  in 1986 . 
Previous to this there was a marriage for an Alan Freeman to a Gwendoline Illsley . 
Gwendolyn Freeman ( nee Illsley) appears to have had a second marriage to a Mr. Ulyat .

More bad news I'm afraid , she appears to have died a few months ago , according to this notice below in the Evening Posts family announcements .
Of course with no documentation to prove ,  it could just be some other Alan Freeman that moved into the district so don't take all this as gospel ! 

"Originally printed on March 9, 2017 in the Nottingham Post.
Viewed by 30 Visitors.

ULYAT GWEN ILLSLEY - Also wife of the late Alan Freeman died on the 10th February. Funeral being held at Wilford Hill on the 13th March at 4pm family and friends welcome.(daughters)Cynthia/Janette"

thankyou David, I'm interested in Alan simply because he was a friend of my dad, Brian. They were a similar age and all this looks very plausible. Except that my dad died before I was born ( or did he??!!!) and I was born in 1975.

thanks for finding the 1977 Brian, I couldn't even find him!! Now I will have to work out if this was the "right" Brian! How complicated!

3 hours ago, Choughman said:

Except that my dad died before I was born ( or did he??!!!) and I was born in 1975.

thanks for finding the 1977 Brian, I couldn't even find him!! 

This Brian Osborne that died 1977 may be nothing to do with you but does the birthdate of 1932 match ?  

He appears to have been born in the Bourne district of Lincs .

Father's name , John H. Osborne and mother Edith (nee Harpham). 

In 1939 living in Grantham .

As well as Brian there could be at least 2 siblings , June and Keith .

Haven't checked what became of John H. but Edith appears to have had a further marriage in 1946 to a Mr . Buckle. 

Any of this make sense ? If not it's the wrong Brian !

(The surname does vary between Osborne and Osbourne).

wow, that's lots of info I couldn't find! Unfortunately it apears to be the wrong Brian! Who ever would have thought there were so many!! My dad was born 38 ish and didn't have any siblings. I thought, ohhh, Jewish man in Lincoln, cant be that hard to find, oh no, only the largest Jewish community in the country!!!

I'm beggining to wonder if I'm the Messiah, as my dad doesn't appear to have existed or for that matter, died! :-)

Sent you a PM , should be in the envelope icon at top of page .