Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

Angie Dickinson in  Bestwood !......... No way Benjamin !

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

Believe it or not Fly there was...........she lived on Eardley road and went to Manning.........used to deliver their Groceries........on me Granville........i loved her........but sadly it was unreciprocated.............lol

JUST watching Judi Dench 'All the worlds her stage'.............to see if she mentions me................had a short conversation with her mid 60s on Maid Marian Way...............it went.....

Me................sorry

Judi.............watch what you doing

Me............really sorry

Judi.........take your time

Me..........let me help you,........do i know you ?

Judi..........no,just clear off

Me...........so sorry

I then carried on running to catch my Bus to Long Eaton................lol.

• Upvote 2
13 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

JUST watching Judi Dench 'All the worlds her stage'.............to see if she mentions me................had a short conversation with her mid 60s

I had a much shorter conversation with Carol Vorderman , though not personally , it was on Twitter . 

On one of the Nostalgic Facebook sites someone had posted a mid 60s film of some models parading clothes in Truro . One of the girls honestly was a dead ringer for Miss Vorderman , so I sent her a link to the film and asked if it was her . 

Her reply was a short and pithy "No" . If it had been her , I had added about another 10 years to her age ....ooops.

• Upvote 2

Late last night we watched back to back the bone chilling Rillington Place on iPlayer, strangely this morning I have woken up talking in a slow drawl like Reginold Christie "you need to lie down Ethel" anyone got a sore throat or owt give us a shout.

Just watched the new evidence on the Titanic. Very interesting . If its true there should have been a few heads rolling.

• Upvote 2

Nonna,  also watched it and found some of the evidence quite compelling.    We visited Northern Ireland in November and went to visit the Titanic  exhibition it was a wonderful way to spend a day. Very interesting lots of facts and information that was new to me, recommended place to go.  If you visit Belfast I also recommend  Crumlin  Road Goal, spooky to say the least,  of the two attractions I preferd the prison.

• Upvote 1

New series of Sherlock.  Always entertaining, but I'm not sure what to make of the first episode.

Over Christmas I set up my machine to record the excellent  Steig Larson 'Millenium Trilogy' films.  (The original Swedish.. not the American rubbish remake)

IOW, The 'Girl' trilogy.  Dragon Tattoo, Played With Fire, Kicked the Hornet's Nest.  Sadly, my machine failed to record the first two, probably my fault.  So, I went online and bought the trilogy for about 17 quid.  What I bought was the extended version, which is I believe basically the original Swedish TV series.  So each story is in two episodes and stretches to 3 hours.  There is a dubbed English dialogue, but I found myself much preferring to listen to the Swedish and read the subtitles.  Slower, longer etc., but it all makes much more sense and is apparently much closer to the books, which I haven't read.  Mrs Col thinks these stories are a bit too 'sick'.They certainly portray some 'sick' characters and some very nasty violence, but they also portray hope and the triumph of will/courage over adversity.  I love 'em.  And Noomi Rapace 'owns' these films.  She is utterly spellbinding in every scene.  Highly recommended.

I also got the original Robert Donat 'Goodbye Mr Chips', which cost me nothing because it took me over £20 and into free delivery.

Which was nice.. :)

Col

On 01/01/2017 at 9:08 PM, nonnaB said:

Just watched the new evidence on the Titanic. Very interesting . If its true there should have been a few heads rolling.

Didn't see the prog but is that the stuff about rivets and steel quality Nonna?

Col

Enjoying the new series of Father Brown on BBC1 in the afternoons (Recording and watching later in the day) and looking forward to the new series of Death in Paradise.  Also enjoying James May - The reconstructor.

You're getting me at it Compo.  I was part way through agreeing that 'The Reconstructor' is a great prog before I remembered it's actually called 'The Reassembler'.  In the last one I saw, where he reassembled an 00 gauge Flying Scotsman locomotive (with realistic 'chuffing' sound), he went into a lengthy diatribe about the difference between a bolt and a screw.  This is what we need to hear.  There is far too little well founded pedantry on TV these days.

And for what it's worth, he was absolutely correct.  A bolt has a significant unthreaded portion.  A screw is threaded along it's length.  These things matter! ;)

Col

• Upvote 1

Dj360.  It was about new evidence that has recently come to light. Basically photos which showed a shadow on the side of Titanic. Investigating it came to light that before it left Belfast there was a fire burning and the authorities knew about it but played it down. There were documents to prove that there was a fire reported by one of the firemen ( stoker) on board but at the enquiry the judge  didnt think it was important or played any part in the disaster. Obviously a continued fire would prove dangerous on inferior steel ( also documented) warping it and eventually letting water in the bulk heads 

when the ship hit the iceburg. There was a suspicion that the owner knew the position but got off the ship double quick. It was an extremely interesting documentary. 

• Upvote 2

Gem

Ive visited northern Ireland a few times I love the place.

Have been to the titanic exhibition it's very good.

Crumlin road ,did you know Phil Lynott(late of Thin Lizzy) used to live on crumlin road with his granny when he was a child.

I have been enjoying the new series of Midsomer Murders.  When the little dog called Sykes was missing from episode 1 I was disappointed.  He has been replaced by Paddy.  Hoping that nothing bad had happened to Sykes I did an internet search and found this news report:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-09-22/dci-barnaby-is-getting-a-new-companion-in-midsomer-murders-as-sykes-the-dog-retires

Sykes has retired and I wish him well.  A very nice article with lovely photos. The relationship between characters in the drama and the little dogs is lovely to watch and adds a certain charm.

• Upvote 2

Sorry.. wrong thread...

Col

We are gradually going through George Gently on Netflix, we are up to Season 7 now, which I do believe is 2015. They get better and better, last night's was excellent. Must admit we have to strain our lug holes sometimes trying to decipher what was just said, with the Geordie accent so thick. Vera, we have the same trouble with too, but we refuse to put the close captioning on, on principle!

Tonight channel 4..................Sexy Beast'...12.10..........Ray Winstone...Ben Kingsley...Ian Mcshane  Amanda Redman