Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

I watched repeats of the sixties series of the prisoner on channel 61 it was just as whacky as I remembered it great stuff had to smile at some bits made you realise that we are all living in the village now ha ha   meeowed

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

Watched The Detectorists last night, a BBC series rented from Netflix. 6 episodes of 30 mins in this first series. Very entertaining.

I watched that when transmitted.  I loved it.  Just the sort of slightly oddball, gentle humour I like.  Have to also admit to finding Diana Rigg's daughter Rachel Stirling quite phenomenally attractive!.  hearteyes

Watched the first episode of 'Decline and Fall' last Friday.  Very enjoyable.  Will watch the rest I think.

Col

I have become a fan of the "Broadwood" mysteries, currently being shown on the Drama Channel.  The show is set in New Zealand, has unusual characters and plots and runs for two hours.  However, if you want to reduce watching time to 1½hrs you can watch it without adverts on UKTV player.

Been watching 'Line of Duty'  First series I've watched.  All very intriguing and entertaining.  Quite absorbing. just trying to figure out what's going on.

Totally different story.. but for some reason it reminds me of that ghost story with Nicole Kidman.. 'The Others'.  It's got that same feel of unreality and half truth. Will be interesting to see the 'denouement'.

Col

• Upvote 1

It's the first series I've seen too, and I find it fascinating. Everyone jockeying for position and the inevitable creeping and back stabbing. The bosses blinkered and overbearing....... Sounds like some of the places I've worked at !

Great viewing indeed.

I've watched every series of Line Of Duty, all really excellent stuff.

You might be interested, last year's series 3 is still available on iplayer, but the first episode falls off tonight. The final episode was a real rivetting cliff-hanger, unlike the damp squib anti-climax of too many series on these days..

I see Peter Kay's brilliant 'Car Share' is back on again tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Just watched the first episode of the new Peter Kay Car Share series. Brilliantly funny and genuinely heartwarming.

He must be the funniest guy on tv at present. In fact, he has been for years.

There's more talent in his little finger than in  ten of the most popular comics put together. Superb !

• Upvote 2

Just watched Holby City and I'm SO relieved that a long-standing abusive relationship has come out into the open now and been dealt with.  It's been winding me up for weeks.  (Yes, I know it's not real but ...)

• Upvote 1

Just watched Victoria Wood too. She was brilliantly down to earth and was firmly seated in the REAL WORLD. 

A most enjoyable hours fun !

• Upvote 1

Watched University Challenge Grand Final that I recorded the other night.  Fabulous entertainment, although I only got about six questions correct. The country is in good hands if these youngsters are anything to go by.

One thing struck me as strange though. One team had already been defeated in previous round, so WTF were they doing in the final. I assumed that if a team incurred a loss, then that's it.... Out !

Or is it like the stupid rules for the Champions League football competition, whereby you can have a couple of defeats in early rounds, but then STILL make the final. Even the eliminated teams then go into a cup competition that they've not qualified for...... Utterly bonkers !

At least when Forest won their two European Cups, it was on a knockout basis over two legs. A PROPER cup competition. 

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the penultimate episode of Line of Duty last night..... Absolutely gripping storyline. I just can't wait for next week to see the pompous, devious and arrogant culprits unveiled. A great detective story depicting folk who NEVER give up in their quest to get to the bottom of a case. 

• Upvote 2

I don't know what the next series will bring, but I detest the Roz Huntley character, and her lap dog top cop, as well as her friend that pompous lawyer. I like the Steve Arnott character as well as Kate Fleming and Ted Hastings.

If I was ever in a real crap situation, then the two people I'd want on my side would be Fleming and Arnott. 

• Upvote 1

When Steve Arnott was attacked and ended up in a pool of blood I hoped they were not writing him out. So relieved when he was still there next episode. Also a good portrayal of a return to work scenario with reasonable adjustments made for him in this excellent story line. Steve, Kate and Ted are the best characters. The Roz Hunter character is unlikable. In previous series Lindsey Denton was never that bad. Hopefully Roz will end up behind bars next Sunday.

Dull and wet today so over lunch watched part of an old British movie "Mr Ten Per Cent" with Charlie Drake, Derek Nimmo, John Le Mesurier,  and the lovely Wanda Ventham, Annette Andre and Una Stubbs.

If Derek Nimmo was not an early incarnation of Mr Bean I'll be blowed

Image result for derek nimmo

• 2 months later...

What I find uncomfortable about 'Terminus' is the way they got the little boy to cry - it was all staged, and he really thought he had been abandoned by his mother.

Apparently a lot of the film was staged rather than just being film of actual events.

• 1 month later...

Watched a Horror programme last night..100 Year Old Drivers. Admittedly one or two weren't bad at all, can't tar everyone with the same brush.. but a blind chimp could drive better than some.. and they've go attitude with it too. They did manage to get the keys off a couple. Apparently there's 5-600 of them on the roads still.. hope there's none down our way.

• 1 month later...

Anyone watch Channel 4 last night about Guy Martins attempt to build a WW1 Mk4 tank? great program, he along with help from JCB and other big engineering company's built a replica of the famous WW1 tank,the idea was to have it built ready for a rememberance day  parade along part of the high street in Lincoln,the birth place of the worlds first fighting tank, council officials thought it was a good idea for it to display on the high street but at the last minute the police objected on H/S grounds, anyway all ended well as it was driven along a lane close to where the first tank battle took place near Cambrie(sp), There is a nice memorial at the university end of Tritton road in Lincoln paying tribute to all who helped build the worlds first tank at W Fosters on what is now the Lincoln retail park,

P1050555.jpg

Took this pic on one of my rides into the city

Rog

Incidently I think Guy Martin is the perfect for following in the footsteps of  Fred Dibnah another patriotic Brit who generated enthusiasm for British engineering especially Victorian engineering, their enthusiasm is infectious

I did watch that programme Rog. I'm sure you, like me, are familiar with that pedestrianised section of road on Lincoln High St. Would you feel happy driving that tank with its rather crude steering along that stretch? My own father was briefly seconded from the RAF to work on tanks at Rustons in Lincoln during WW2. He was an aircraft instrument tech. and worked on the gyroscopic systems to keep the guns pointing towards the targets. Guy Martin's a great presenter. I hope they don't try to polish him up too much - elecution lessons - that sort of thing!