Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Watched another great Cowboy film last night ''Tombstone'' 1993 with Kurt Russell and Val kilmer,,about Wyatt Earp and his brothers,,Charlton Heston even had a small part.

Some brilliant Gunfights including the one at the ''OK Corral'',,did'nt realise Wyatt Earp lived into the 1920s.

You don't have to go to a Western movie to see a gunfight over here these days.   :Shock:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a flat in Nottingham and Jon Pertwee had relatives nearby. He used to turn up in a vintage car wearing his Dr Who coat. Used to hear the local kids shouting “It’s Dr Who”. He was always mobbed and was very good with them as they used to ask him all sorts of questions. He was a very imposing figure. Haven’t watched it since a David Tennant left but have recorded new episodes to see how the new one will go.

• Like 1

SG, I'm watching the new Dr Who and loving it - I know it's only a TV programme but she's definitely not a weak girly girl!

She was in Broadchurch I think wasn’t she? No screaming and running away then, good looking forward to watching it with the new baddies.

Never watched Broadchurch but I seem to remember reading that she was in that.    Soon 

be time for tonight's episode.......

Strictly results show. Phew ! Seann and Katya through after a superb dance off !  

Been watching ‘Weather from Hell’ on ITV this evening.  Love programmes such as that, real-life stuff.  Not sure if jonab can get British TV programmes but the flat he used to live in next door to The Grosvenor was shown on the programme.  It was a section about urban flash floods, I remember that particular event about 4 or 5 years ago and was thankful that we live on a hill, the Grosvenor being about half a mile away from our house ........at the bottom of the hill 

I'll have to take a look for that on YT, Lizzle.  We've certainly had some of that in Georgia the last couple of weeks.

It was in the 40s this morning and only low 70s this afternoon.  It's like natural air conditioning.  I worked in the yard all morning and didn't break a sweat.

Watching Strictly even though it's a silly Halloween one.  When Danny and his partner danced to Spirit in the Sky, I couldn't resist so I got up and danced the way it was done  as a group dance in the 1980s... anyone else remember that dance?   Now I've just watched the next one which was The Witchdoctor Song and I could remember all the words to that one, too (very silly words!)

Judge Craig R H has had a hip replacement but he's still a good mover!  So there's hope for you, yet ...

Have recorded it, as I'm away in Hants at present.

Sat down with a cuppa this afternoon. Tv on and husband fast asleep on the settee. Wasn't particularly interesting but then I heard Genova ( Genoa) I started to watch with interest and it was very interesting. The programme was Trans Euro Express with Michael Portillo. He explored Genoa and gradually descended to La Spezia passing through the 5 villages called Cinque Terra.We were there before the flooding in that area so hope it doesnt happen again. We went there to meet up with my cousin from Australia who was touring europe.  Lovely to see them again with the sun shing. Its raining here and very foggy. Ugh

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Update on the above. Genoa risks flooding again like last year there are parts that are already under water so that also includes 5 terre. Just watching news . Tornados , 5 dead, Lazio, Campagna, Liguria there are trees down crushing people and cars. Venice is knee high in water. Milan is flooded too and fish are dying in the roads. This is tragic its the worst weather for 10 yrs. These poor people , I dont know how they cope.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO......I'm not ! Sis in law is visiting for a week, so as well as Coronation St, and Emmerdale, I'm now going to be subjected to Eastenders. Thank goodness for NS

I never watch the soaps FLY, to me it’s a load of tripe.  However there’s someone in this house who does watch them, particularly Emmerdale and he gets embarrassed and very upset if I mention it to other people, thinking I’m taking the mickey ....... who me?  Would I do that?!!!!  I sit in another room and either listen to music or watch a more ‘educational’ programme.  

• Upvote 1

Likewise Lizzie. I record Mastermind, University Challenge, and documentaries, then I watch them alone. I always say that the soaps appeal to........ Well the ........ No, some others on here probably watch them ! 

I'm sure nobody on here watch em Fly..........mind you i do think Tracey is treating Steve badly..................

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Out of the same mould those two Ben !