Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

I watch Doctors, Neighbours, Eastenders, Holby City and Casualty.... what does that make me?  I often read Nottstalgia posts at the same time as watching soaps though - I'm able to multitask!  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

I've just watched Strictly, It Takes Two. The nightly Zoe Ball programme. Seann Walsh and his partner Katya were voted off on Sunday nights results programme, and were Zoe's first guests tonight. 

I'm still mentally and physically devastated, distraught and saddened. They were a great partnership, and Katya must surely be the best dancer and choreographer that has ever been on the programme, and I've seen every series, and seen the last 7 or 8 tours.

She comes up with the most innovative and unusual moves possible, and is never afraid to push things beyond the boundaries to new limits. 

All I can say is bring on the tour in the new year, and roll on the next series.

Oh yes, I'll still be glued to the rest of this series !

• Upvote 2

I enjoy 'Strictly'.  I watch Mastermind, Only Connect and University Challenge. I also enjoy many documentaries, progs about science etc.  Still enjoy Dad's Army, daft as it is. Also 'Open All Hours and 'Still Open...' Also currently watching 'Killing Eve'.  I can do without most daytime TV.  Mrs Col watches some Sewing channel from about 8:00 a.m till Midday.  We usually watch the midday news. Mrs Col then used to moan about 'Doctors' ( I agree), but she's now taken to watching re-runs of 'Last of the Summer Wine and 'Allo Allo' on some old channel.  She's going for the full 24 hour TV viewing record.  Drives me nuts.

Col, I have tried but I just can't get on with 'Still open all hours'.   I loved the original though.

I also watch documentaries etc as well as soaps btw.  

• Like 1
On 10/30/2018 at 7:25 AM, MargieH said:

Col, I have tried but I just can't get on with 'Still open all hours'.   I loved the original though.

I also watch documentaries etc as well as soaps btw.  

Was looking at Google Maps the other day Margie and recalling how I used to get off the A1M at Balby in Doncaster and get a bus from the 'Winning Post' pub into the centre, then another bus out to Hatfield to see the lovely Jenny.

Open All Hours was filmed in the back streets along that road and it seems that the 'Arkwright' store is still there. Lister Street Balby.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Paul O'Gradys Love of Dogs returned tonight for a new series. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. I love programmes about animal welfare etc.

There really are some kind folks out there, but I'm afraid some utterly cruel barstewards too !

• Like 1

Must admit most time I find TV not very interesting  but "Killing Eve" is excellent and I don't fall asleep halfway through, the look in her eyes of Jody Comer when she is just about to kill someone makes her look like she really is enjoying killing,

Her acting is brilliant 

I would not like to be coming home on a dark night and find her waiting for me.

• Like 2

I 'binge watched' Killing Eve. I won't tell you what happens in the last episode but it seems a curious way to end an excellent little series. Hopefully there will be a series 2.

Whilst on the subject I found those Danish programmes with sub-titles the Beeb seem so fond of just lately are available in English. Probably cost the Beeb more to licence though 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mary1947 said:

the look in her eyes of Jody Comer when she is just about to kill someone makes her look like she really is enjoying killing,

You should never tell a psychopath they are a psychopath.................it upsets them.  A line from killing eve spoken by Jody Comer, with a pet lip and bleary eyes. Oooer. My goodness to think that these people are really out there is so frightening. Not an ounce of compassion. Some brilliant acting.  I hope the end isn't to weak. I have watched some brilliant programmes only to be spoilt by an ending that looks as if the writers just didn't know how to end it.

I must admit I am hooked on Ghost Adventures, just watched the latest series up to Halloween and recorded the Halloween nite special. (Possibly cause Zac Bagins is eye candy.) Watch Most Haunted as well, but not as keen on that, too much screaming when anything “happens”. Don’t know if it is real or not but having had experiences myself find it fascinating. Don’t do soaps but enjoy Criminal Minds and the crime channels on sky, usually gravitate towards serial killers. Dread to think what this means!  Watch WWE as well, having been to 2 shows in England am hooked, and yes I definitely know that is fake but who cares with so many fit wrestlers!

Brilliant. "We love you Preacher".  

• Like 1
On 11/1/2018 at 12:42 AM, Brew said:

I 'binge watched' Killing Eve. I won't tell you what happens in the last episode but it seems a curious way to end an excellent little series. Hopefully there will be a series 2.

Whilst on the subject I found those Danish programmes with sub-titles the Beeb seem so fond of just lately are available in English. Probably cost the Beeb more to licence though 

I'm going to be at a party in Nottm on Sat and wil mis the final episode of Killing Eve, so will have to catch it on Sunday... No spoilers please!

For me,  of all the 'Scandi' dramas I've seen, the  Steig Larsson trilogy  ( The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo/Played With Fire/Kicked the Hornet's Nest) was by far the best.  I bought the full extended Blu Ray version, which is basically the origiinal TV series and it will get an outing on some dark day over wnter when I don't want to go out.   I can't watch it with the dubbed English.. I have to hear the language and read the subtitles.  It is certainly very graphic and violent in places, but thoroughly absorbing.. and Noomi Rapace 'owns' every scene.

The US produced versions are rubbish.

Just watched ""get cracking "" on talking pictures,,1943,,with George Formby,,Ronald Shiner and Dinah Sheridan,, absolute rubbish,, lol,

Must've been one of George's better films then.  He He!!!..Terned owt nice agen!!

• Like 1

A relaxing afternoon yesterday, after the departure of an outlaw. Von Ryan's Express (C'mon Frank, you'll make it) I yell it out at the end every time I see it.  War Horse, superb, and a heartwarming ending. Then Strictly later.  Brilliant !

I watched War Horse yesterday too FLY.  I can’t understand why I’ve never seen it before.  Brilliant film but oh so sad.  Made me cry at the end, I’m not normally that soft!!

• Upvote 1

At least everything came to a happy conclusion Lizzie. 2nd time I've seen it, but still wonderful.

• Like 1

I started watching it............but started crying before they left the village........so turned over,,:wacko:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I watched it for the 2nd time on TV and it still gets to me.   I saw a live streaming of the stage show last year at a cinema in Ely and found that heart wrenching too.   I thought I wouldn't get beyond the wooden models but as the show went on, they became real - such talented operators... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just finished the 6 part series called Body  Guard. Excellent, only drawback was trying to figure out what Richard Madden was saying. A broad Scottish accent was hard on these ears that haven't been around Scots for a while. Keeley Hawes also was a lead actor. I think there may be a 2nd series around?

• Like 1