Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

Naaaah, David Walliams, or Michael McIntyre. 

I think Craig R H is just playing a 'part', so people will have the opportunity to boo when he criticises the dancers....   Each  member of the judges panel presents a different aspect.   It just makes for good television, I reckon

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Strictly is one of my all time favourite programmes. It has everything. Glamour, glitz, skill, good music, great singers, comedy, and most of all...... Good innocent humour ! Love it....... Roll on the next tour. smile2

There was one on BBC4 the other night that the cat loving fraternity would have enjoyed. Scientists fitted tiny trackers to fifty cats in one village and scrutinised their movements over a week. Then fitted cameras to five of them. Absolutely fascinating, as all the owners turned up for a showing of the results. Amazing how far some of the cats travelled.

Another new series started the other day of Digging for Britain presented by Professor Alice Roberts. It's about archeological digs and excavations in various parts of the country. From Roman times, Viking invasions, the Dark Ages. Everything ! Fantastic entertainment.

• Like 1

Yes, I don't think folk get Craig's role as Mr Baddy, to provide some balance. He's always consistent in his lower scoring across all contestants. 

I've been a bit off Strictly the past couple of seasons but this was has been excellent. The standard of dancing from the 'celebs' has been exceptional, what a great night tonight!

• Upvote 1

Love him, or loathe him, his comments are valid, concise, and rarely wrong. Just a pity that this year, Katya and Seann were eliminated early, as I never tire of watching her. She must surely be the most innovative, talented and exceptional professional dancer they've ever had.

It wasn't that funny first time round RR. 

• Like 1

Vic and Bob are now two old men - almost old enough to be drawing their pensions. The childish 'humour' that was their original show hardly befits men of their current age. Is it still as daft as it used to be?

Easy answer to those people who you don't like.....change channel or switch off. The problem with a lot of them is that they believe their own hype after a while and get even worse. I don't know about stopping the free licences for the over 75's we should all be paid for watching the puerile rubbish that is being served up at the moment.

I have started watching Brokenwood Mysteries. Watched the first box set and now the new series that has just started. It is set in Australia and is a gentle detective/murder series (if you could describe murder as gentle) with a touch of Columbo about it. I am really enjoying it, makes a change from the more graphic murder mysteries. It is set in a small town (wouldn’t like to live there as your chances of being murdered seem very high), so it has the same characters in it each episode (oh dear it sounds like a Brazilian soap). I must say it is a change for me to watch something like this as I do tend to veer towards serial killers who I find fascinating and horror movies, Insidious etc (would hate to think what people would assume if they saw my programmes viewed and computer search log, think I would be a “person of interest”!) 

8 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

Oh right. Thinking about it the accents don’t have the normal Australian sound. Still like it though.

It is filmed in the rural areas around Auckland, a sort of cross between The Archers and Midsomer Murders and yes the dialogue is a bit contrived.

Not a great fan of 'I'm a Celebrity', but I watch it when nothing more appealing is on. Thursday nights debacle was ridiculous.

I cannot believe for one second that the public voted to keep the bug eyed wailing banshee, Emily Atack, and eliminated Nick Knowles.

It's as though the vote offs are being manipulated to ensure that the amiable and matey Harry Redknapp wins. As loveable as he is, he's not the brightest bulb on the chandelier, and certainly isn't very practical !

Roll on Strictly tonight ! Curries, beer and tiramisu at the ready.

Careful FLY..... suggesting the voting is being manipulated could be seen as libel.   Just because you prefer Nick to Emily doesn't mean that the 'great British public' all agree with you!

Thanks for putting me in my place AGAIN Margie ! LOL

Sorry, FLY I should have sent you a pm instead.....   You are, of course, entitled to your opinion (I hope Harry will win - he was SO pleased to see his wife last night... I think he said they'd been married for 54 years?)

No problem Margie. I  can always rely on you to keep me in check. 

Ha, ha, it's not how long he's been married that's important, it's what he does in the camp that should count.

FLY, he has done some of the trials efficiently - he's not worried about crawling through various tanks containing reptiles etc. And he doesn't scream like Emily!

No he doesn't. It's the comparison between Nick and Emily I was commenting on. 

Talking Pictures,

Just watched the "L shaped room" never watched it all thru before,,

Some great old names and faces in it,, God Leslie Caron was lovely,,