Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

Hopefully Ben, there'll be some good westerns on over the Christmas period. Stacks of unsung hero's such as Ben Johnson, Strother Martin, Lee Van Cleef, Joel McRae etc. I live in hope.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

Beans and proper coffee too !

Fleur got voted off tonight...... My conspiracy prophesy is all falling into place 

I watched a documentary this evening about how  Sir John Franklin's Flagship from the ill fated Arctic expeditiion of 1840 summat or other, was finally found.  Fascinating stuff and it reminded me of this song.  There are many versions, but this is the first I heard and still my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysFKjWG_W54

• Upvote 1

I'd definitely rather Harry win rather than the two remaining squeakers ! I know Harry is ok. He's old school.........

I recorded it Col. In a similar vein, there was a brilliant programme about Shakletons last expedition a few years ago. Amazing stuff.

Watched a 'prog' tonight about how Canadian researchers have found John Franklin's flagship, from the ill fated mid 19th C expedition to find the North West Passage.

There are many versions of this song but this is my fave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysFKjWG_W54

Just finished catching up on Concert for George on Sky Arts, from earlier. Memorial concert from 2002 for George Harrison featuring quite a few stars, as well as George’s son, Dhani.

Eric Clapton absolutely nailed “While my guitar gently weeps”.

There's a great rendition of that on utube featuring Prince, Dhani, Tom Petty amongst others. Prince was awesome.

• Upvote 1

Catching up with last nights "Match of the Day" then "EFL of Quest" just to check if Forest did have a shot on target that I missed? 

Happy to report most of the Nottingham city centre pubs where rammed with Christmas revellers, turn that bleddy telly off, if you want to experience the jungle, get yourself up Broxtowe. 

Well Lizzie & Margie, I bet you're both chuffed as old Harry did it !  King of the Jungle. Well done !

• Like 1

Yes FLY, I’m delighted Harry won.  For the first time EVER I phoned in and voted for him. I’ve never even contemplated voting on these sort of programmes before but this series has really grabbed me, I’ve only missed watching it on  a couple of evenings.  Harry was lovely.   They were an interesting bunch in the camp, Holly Willoughby was good too. 

We sat next to Harry and his wife in The Pig restaurant at Purbeck in the summer.  Pretended we didn’t know him and gave them privacy, although one bloke went to his table requesting an autograph.  Made me cringe. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, a good group this year, and Holly was superb, despite an irritating squeaky giggle. At least we didn't have to endure Ant, the perpetual Mr Misery. An interesting and fascinating series.

Neither Harry, Nick Knowles nor Anne Hegarty played up to the cameras which was nice to see. Throughout the series, they just acted naturally. Other than Harry, the other three in the last four really tried to suck up to the camera, which was almost vomit inducing. Showbiz types vainly attempting to milk the very last drop of attention from the public. Sickening !

Watched David Attenborough’s Dynasties on tigers. Absolutely spellbinding (tigers are my favourite big cats). Couple of heart stopping moments when the female was hurt in a fight and also when she went near a village to hunt. The bit at the end when you saw how they got some of the footage was interesting, made you realise the patience it takes to get the captivating images. Another gem from David Attenborough.

• Like 1

My daughter’s cat has also been enjoying Dynasties, in particular the lions and tigers. When he realises it’s on he gets up from whoever’s lap he been sleeping on and sits in front of the telly. After a bit he gets up on the TV stand and sits with his nose almost on the screen!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

My two dogs react to other dogs on tv. We regularly watch the Dog Whisperer together. When one of them was younger he used to dash into passage from front room if the dog disappeared from screen thinking it would be in there and would come back very confused! 

• Like 1

My dog couldn't take his eyes of the TV watching Dynasties. After a good sniff around 

incase of any intruders at the back of the telly he would settle down for the hour.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Recently:-

Killing Eve.... Quite good but what a rubbish ending!
Informer....... As above!
The little Drummer Girl....... Gave up after three episodes!

Ditto - Killing Eve... Thought it was very good but hate it when endings are just engineered to ensure a second series.

The Little Drummer Girl.....Only managed one episode.

Care (Sunday evening) ....I tried to enjoy it, I really did....I really like the actors who starred in it...... but I found it so depressing.

Nothing to do with UKTV but a new serial has started here called " L'amica geniale" ( The genial friend) its a story about 2 young girls living in Naples  before the war. One of the girls was very intelligent and her teacher wanted her to go on to higher education. The parents were horrified and forbade her to study. The violence in those days between the poor was atrocious but both girls were determined to make something of themselves. Its a very dramatic story that holds you to watch. Hope it is eventually shown in UK.

• Upvote 1

Watched the Royal Variety Performance tonight. Well ! Two and a half hours, and only about four good acts. Chinese cyclists, a circus variety act , Sheku Kanneh-Mason, the Nottingham cellist, and Take That. The rest........ Utter tripe 

Found "Reach For The Sky" on Freeview channel 81. Brilliant. This was the first film I ever saw at the cinema. I went with my mum, dad and granddad. 

Another vintage gem on this channel: "Every Home Should Have One", the 1970 Marty Feldman slapstick comedy. Mum loved the cinema. She met me when I finished work at Farmers store and we went to see this film. We were both helpless with laughing all the way through! Happy memories. Seeing it again after all these years I still laughed and this time I appreciated the clever send up of product marketing and advertising. 

A Strictly travesty !   Brilliant though.