Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

Ha, ha ! Anything involving a public vote invites disaster. Satdees !........ Yet again, I must have missed something !

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

Well done Kevin ! About time !

After each pair had performed three dances, she was bottom , and two pairs had perfect scores. This was allotted by the judges who are experts in all genres of dance. The 'great British public ' then phoned in, and added their votes. She then amazingly zoomed into the lead.

It was said that she has a great personality, but surely it's a dance contest. She was in your face, too familiar by far, and over tactile. That I don't like. Manipulation by the powers that be maybe. I don't know !

Bottom by the experts should mean bottom. 

Good dancers, best, no !  Anyway, you've never shown any interest previously,  so why bother now ? I don't comment on bus's or pics.

You don't associate Grimsby with dancing do you ?...............mind you back in the day late 60s early 70s,,used to Dance at the Winter Gardens (Cleethorpes) there when lodging,,   ''Grab a Granny'' wednesday nights...........might have Boogied with his Mam or more likely his Gran..........lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes, I'm very pleased for Kevin. 6th time in the final , and finally successful !

2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

You don't associate Grimsby with dancing do you ?...............mind you back in the day late 60s early 70s,,used to Dance at the Winter Gardens (Cleethorpes) there when lodging,,   ''Grab a Granny'' wednesday nights...........might have Boogied with his Mam or more likely his Gran..........lol

saw Golden Earring there

• Like 2

ITV4 Ben. The Outlaw Josey Wales is on.

• Like 1

Recording it. Still brilliant, especially when he spits on the little blokes jacket !

I didn't know that. She always looked sickly and in need of a good meal to me.

Love the bit where he shoots the rope, and the raft runs away. 

"Don't tell em about the gold pa" ,

• Like 1

Ben, some goodies on over Christmas. Red River, The Revenant, The Dirty Dozen (One of my all time favourites), A Bridge Too Far, The Desert Fox, Heroes of Telemark, The Alamo, Rio Lobo, Stand by Me, The Dam Busters, The Eagle Has Landed.

Of course, then there's probably my all time favourite, Brief Encounter ! Absolutely superb acting, and what a story ! Wonderful.

• Like 1

I'm getting a mite fed up with some of the festive adverts, but two stand out as being very good.

One is the Waitrose one, whereby a family decide to go for an after dinner walk in the snow. They get as far as the gate, say 'That's far enough', and return for a lovely gooey chocolate dessert.

The other one is for Georgio Armarni Si perfume with the delectable, elegant and natural Cate Blanchett. No freaky makeup there, just pure natural beauty. 

I really enjoyed 'The Long Song' in 3 parts over this last weekend.  Did anyone else see it?  It said a lot about human nature in adversity and how stopping slavery wasn't easy for the 'owners' or the slaves

I'm excited that the new version of 'Watership Down' is on tonight... I've got it set to record as we're out this evening.  It isn't a little kiddies' film as it, too, shows  a lot of selfish human nature (anthropomorphically through the rabbits) although there are some 'good' rabbits in there.  I love Hazel and Fiver.... and it has a sad, but beautiful ending, too.

• Like 1

I found The Long Song to be very enjoyable but harrowing.  It gave me bad dreams. The 'Imagine' programme with the author of the book, Andrea Levy,  was very interesting.

I'm looking forward to 'Watership Down', too. I must have read the book half a dozen times. I find it amusing that, when people tried to make analogies with religious or political situations Adams insisted, 'No - it's about rabbits!'

• Like 1

Just caught the end of Celebrity Mastermind''  Toyah Wilcox won it................even though she thought 'William the Conqueror' used to hide in the 'Major oak'..............lol

• Like 1

I noticed that...... Ooooooer ! 

Aye up Ben, stop that, or you'll cause confusion ! Me ? Hereward The Wake ! 

• Like 1

I watched the first instalment of 'Watership Down' and really loved it but husband who was watching with me was a bit tight lipped. I know the story really well as I've read it several times and he said I did a constant commentary - 'Ooh, don't go there! Bad idea! Ooh - that must be General Woundwort - he's a major baddie - Ah, this must be where the seagull comes in - they have to collect worms for him - he rescues them later - MIND that wire! - Ooh, he's in a snare ----- only does dig burrows you know - '

etc etc.

I didn't realise I was doing it.

Derek said, 'It IS a kids' book isn't it?'

Can't beat a good kids' book.

• Like 3