Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

I agree with you Eileen, Watership Down was good. It follows the book very well and I like the animation. It is a book that children read, however there are concepts in there that can be appreciated by all age groups. The rabbit farm reminds me of a job interview I went to some years ago. The place seemed perfect and well equipped but I spotted an undercurrent in the way certain managers spoke to some staff. I withdrew. Later I did a lot of union case work there. People found it amusing when I likened the establishment to the rabbit farm in Watership Down! The last time I saw the head before he retired he shook my hand and said he hoped he would not have to see me again! Loved it! The staff there escaped in droves thankfully.

Looking forward to episode 2 tonight.

• Like 3
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

I watched it Eileen on your recommendation and really enjoyed it, looking forward 

to the second instalment. 

I haven't read the book I've always dismissed it as a children's book but I'm not convinced.  

• Like 1

Brief Encounter soon on ITV3. A fabulous love story well worth watching again.

Ben, have you got The Horse Soldiers on ? ITV4. I'm recording BE for an evening viewing.

Darling you know i love you, 

Oh Hamish,just sit down,while i pour you a drink,,have a cigarette darling,, 

Talking pictures,,,just now,,Circle of danger,,1951

Watership Down - I liked It, but actually preferred the older version, I think.  I missed the accent of Kee Har - the Scottish accent isn't as good for his character as the German one!   (But suppose it was done for sensible reasons)   And I missed 'Bright Eyes' at the end....

We haven't put a tree up either as there's no room in our little house!   I have got our home made crib on the window sill, though..  Paul made it 50 years ago and I bought and dressed two little dolls as Mary and Joseph.  The manger is a matchbox and Jesus is a cake decoration (a little child)   He stays behind the clock until Christmas morning, when he is put in his matchbox manger.   I love it..

IMG-4804.jpg

• Like 3
On 12/22/2018 at 5:57 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Just caught the end of Celebrity Mastermind''  Toyah Wilcox won it................even though she thought 'William the Conqueror' used to hide in the 'Major oak'..............lol

On one occasion recently, a tv quiz contestant was asked what language was spoken in the Faroes. 'I know that one', he replied, 'Egyptian'.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Some of the answers given in quiz shows beggar believe. I used to think it was due to lack of education, but I now give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's nerves taking over.

Nothing much on tv . Most films Ive already seen. Do you know what I'm watching? I'll give you a clue. 

Doc

Grumpy

Sneezy

Happy

Bashful

Dopey

Sleepy

Yes you've guesed it. 

Its  a great film I remember seeing it as a child. Disney was brilliant,  I love all his animated films.

• Upvote 1

Just watched the first instalment of the new 'Les Miserables'.  Took a bit of reorganisation in my mind to 'marry it up' with the musical but thought it was good.    I like that it gives more background to the various characters.  Trouble is, I kept waiting for people to break into song....... (love the songs from the musical)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Watched it too Margie, but it's over 50 years or so since I read the book, that other than that bare bones, it was all new to me. 

There's been a great series on BBC 2 over the holidays called Made in the Factory, presented by Greg Wallace and Cherry Healey.

Previous series featured various household goods, but this series involved the production of mince pies, sweets, milk, wrapping paper, baubles, and many other fascinating items. Brilliant lighthearted viewing.

• Like 1

The Big Yin, Billy Connolly. Just love that man.  Observational, comedian, musician, actor and a lovely lovely man.   Seen him live at the Concert Hall just once, a brilliantly funny evening.   Actually I think he’s the only Scotsman I like !!

• Upvote 2

Better than Peter Kay or not ?

Watched a couple of Father Brown episodes, then a documentary about the Mississippi which was amazing. I googled relevant cruises, but on seeing the prices, I will not be participating. Looked magnificent though.

Exactly. So different, but so talented. Beats some of the alternative types hands down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Always loved Billy Connelly since seeing him at Nottingham many years ago. (Some Scottish friends got the tickets and dragged us along, we had never heard of him at that time, it was before he became popular.) Love  his “Welly Song”.

• Upvote 1

Just watched the final episode of Manhunt. Brilliant acting by Martin Clunes, and a portrayal of superb detective work.

Just hard slogging, and resolute determination. No diving in, all guns blazing ! 

Makes it hard not to have a desire for the return of the death penalty, when a depraved rapist, paedophile and murderer is on the loose.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Our niece’s husband was one of the detectives working on the case, DC Neil Jones.  Got the Welsh accent right but he’s much better looking than the actor who portrayed him though.  He spent a lot of time studying CCTV on buses!! Great piece of television drama, gripping in fact.   

• Upvote 1