Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

We must be in a minority but had never watched any of the Luther series before.....until we were gripped by the last one over the new year .

Didn't realise that fabulous Ruth Wilson had a part in it ....she's brilliant as a sexy executioner but with a sense of humour !

One of the early episodes had her and the dour Nicola Walker acting together .... They could make a modern day Cagney and Lacey ?

Anyway we are now binge watching on BBC iPlayer the whole collection (Series 1 onwards)  , its is a bit scary and gory , indeed switched off last night as a man was about to put his hand in a blender to avoid having his fingerprints taken ! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

Ben, are you watching The Longest Day on Film 4. A superb war film crammed with stars.

Tucked husband up with his bottle of red wine in the front room, he's watching VERA. The only time I will turn a blind eye to him eyeing a woman for two hours. ITV. Bless .

And for me, in the back room, my cuppa tea and bar of Cadburys, feet on pouffe, all relaxed and comfy and awaiting Les Miserables on BBC1. Brilliant programme, great acting. Must go. Paris is calling. :)

• Like 2
On 12/30/2016 at 8:19 PM, benjamin1945 said:

..............had a short conversation with her mid 60s on Maid Marian Way...............it went.....

Me................sorry

Judi.............watch what you doing

Me............really sorry

Judi.........take your time

Me..........let me help you,........do i know you ?

Judi..........no,just clear off

Me...........so sorry

I then carried on running to catch my Bus to Long Eaton................lol.

Twas only a brief encounter Lizzie,, 1964 ish,, could have been ''a fine Romance''...............lol

Edit.......yes it would have been 66,, was managing Long Eaton Marsdens when England won the World cup,,and used to catch a Bartons Bus near Maid Marian Way

2 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Twas only a brief encounter Lizzie,, 1964 ish,, could have been ''a fine Romance''...............lol

With no kisses ..........   great actress, love her. 

• Like 1

Currently watching 'Prog at the BBC' recorded from Friday night on BBC4. Some brilliant stuff from the likes of The Nice, Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Wishbone Ash,  Atomic Rooster, Family, Yes, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Soft Machine, Caravan, King Crimson. Oh, and Genesis. 

Seen em all except the latter, thank goodness.

Great days. You just HAD to be there. 

• Like 1

The Posher lads were into the Stones..........us lower types loved the Beatles........obviously got Posh when older and liked the Stones as well.........lol

• Upvote 1

Most Mods appreciated rock music, and vice versa. If I remember rightly, it was some Glam Rock that rockers didn't take to. 

As for styles of dress, I assumed that everyone dressed for themselves other than a small group of the Birdcage crew. 

1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

If i had been a teenager in the 1960's..i would not have been a mod or rocker..just dressed for me and appreciate it all.

I can't remember being mod or rocker either. (I hope SueB48 comes on, she helps me out with memories) We had Bouffant hair, pointed toe shoes, pencil skirts, skin tight sky blue jeans, Blue eye shadow and lots of black eye liner. Baby Pink lipstick and not forgetting (mentioned on here before) Rosebud whirlpool bras, so pointy they would end up dinted!!!!! Not as sexy as our benjs liberty bodice though. I think we were just teenagers, perhaps we lead a sheltered life being from a village? So long as we could have a jive or twist, we enjoyed most music.:biggrin:

• Like 4

Anyone went to the iron gates derby in the 60s you had to shove hard on the gates to get in it was a cellar bar absolutely rammed There used to be a guy in there who was englebert humperdink look a like the girls were going mental to get to him  The silk mill also a great pub The same with the seven stars packed out great days meeowed

Last night on Italian TV I watched a film that you've probably seen. " Naked among the wolves" A story of the war and concentration camps . A small boy was sneaked into the camp in a suitcase and the prisoners did all they could to protect the child. It was very moving and brought to head the terrifying horrors of the war.

In fact the title in Italian was the boy in the suitcase. " Il bambino nella valigia". Which to my mind was a far better title. It left me feeling so sad. Wonder if it really happened?

I've not seen it nonna but the idea doesn't seem right to me. Smuggling him IN? would it not make more sense to try smuggling him out?

• Upvote 1

The one opposite the crem gates cant remember the name long gone years ago all the girls used to dance around their handbags on stage while the blokes got bladdered trying to summon up the courage to go and chat them up ha ha meeowed

Ian, if they did, I was too shy to notice!:blush:

Yes Gem, your cousin had the right idea, also cotton wool pushed into the pointed shoes to stop the point turning up. I can't remember if it worked though.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

By the sounds of it Carni, you leaned towards being a Rocker but that wasn’t your fault!   I think you were already hooked up with Chris by the time Mods made an impact on the teenage scene. 

• Like 1

A true hero Carni.  However, I’m very happy nobody snatched me at a young and tender age, I have such fantastic memories of the years between leaving school and being wooed at 23!  

• Upvote 1

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smile at our antics together. I still had a social life with my friends in Nottm, during the weekdays while living through those courting years, but I lived for Friday nights when we would be together until Sunday afternoon and any holidays as well. Good Times. I count myself as very lucky to have been in Skeggy on that life changing week in the summer of 1964. :biggrin:

• Like 6
18 hours ago, carni said:

I can't remember being mod or rocker either. (I hope SueB48 comes on, she helps me out with memories) We had Bouffant hair, pointed toe shoes, pencil skirts, skin tight sky blue jeans, Blue eye shadow and lots of black eye liner. Baby Pink lipstick and not forgetting (mentioned on here before) Rosebud whirlpool bras, so pointy they would end up dinted!!!!! Not as sexy as our benjs liberty bodice though. I think we were just teenagers, perhaps we lead a sheltered life being from a village? So long as we could have a jive or twist, we enjoyed most music.:biggrin:

I don't think we were mods or rockers carni we were just us. We lived for dancing and having fun no studying for us:blink: I think we did lean towards being rockers tight jeans leather jackets but it was only half hearted I did switch alliance when fashion dictated and you're right carni we did pack a lot into our few years of freedom.:biggrin:  

• Like 4

I love watching Homes Under the Hammer, and seeing what fantastic results can be achieved in the renovation of old properties.

However, one thing does slightly pee me off, and that is the ridiculous habit of the BBC insisting on covering up manufacturers names with black tape on buyers clothing, for fear of advertising.

We're not stupid enough to purchase such items merely by seeing someone on tv wearing them.

Who cares whether their outdoor gear is made by Rab, Berghaus, North Face or whatever.

Lots of reporters on the news wear clothing with makers’ labels - North Face and such so there is some inconsistency here. I avoid, wherever possible, buying clothing with a label on the outside. I think it’s pure snob value to advertise the fact that you’re wearing Barbour or similar.

• Upvote 1