Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

Without checking, I'd say that there were approximately fifteen borders between the Middle East and Dover. Surely the first safe haven should suffice !  Ah !  Yes, benefits, I remember now. :rotfl:

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

Love wild wet welsh weekends,,, camped in Harlech once in the 60s,,bloody awful.......but Trina was beautiful............:rolleyes:..........Doreen in Red Wharf bay Anglesey wern't bad either...............lol

The food was good anyway Ben, although listening to an 89 year old distant relative screeching in a high pitched wail was almost unbearable.

Well I'm always being accused of treading on people's toes Brew. It's just one of my little quirks. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has featured an old lady with a collection of dolls houses and fascinating contents.  

Oh blimey ...... now a man who’s got an arcade of one-armed bandits, and shoulders covered in dandruff.  Might have to turn over, makes me feel ill. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Talking Pictures channel 81,,

All about a group/club of Anglers from Sheffield in the 1960s,,,scenes included Fishing on a riverbank in Lincolnshire,,,most were dressed in suits with collar and Tie. The matches lasted 6 hours and ended with the blowing of a whistle,,then the weighing in took place.

Also filmed them at their AGM,,,Where prizes were handed out Cutlery sets etc,,they also interviewed some and their wives,,,in fact the whole programme was totally BORING...............LOL

• Like 1

Now watching 'The Chase' with Bradley Walsh,, used to like Bradley,,but now can't take to him any more.......WOW,WOW,WOW,, or Absolutely in nearly every sentence...............and todays Chaser is Fat-boy,,can't stand him either,,,must stop moaning,,think ive been on that forum called Nottstalgia too long................lol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

You're right about Bradley Walsh Ben he seems to be on everything these days,bit like that other bore Jeremy Vine

Rog

• Like 1

God, doesn't his voice grate ? I love Ken Bruce's show on Radio 2 in a morning, especially when I'm driving, but as soon as JV comes on at 12, it's CD time.  Had three Long John Baldry ones on this morning. NOW HE HAD A VOICE !

• Like 2

Greedy sod. No loyalty.

• Like 1

The new series of Montalbano started last week. Its beating all records of tv even that of "Sanremo song festival" that beats every programme year after year. The new series is great. I would love to see it in english because in my opinion some phrases are difficult to translate.  " Montalbano I am " doesnt sound quite so Sicilian. Interviewing a mixed opinion of him ( Luca Zingaretti) theres  no one that doesn't like him even the oldies think he's sexy.

Just seen an advert on Talking Pictures TV announcing that from next week they will be showing all the episodes of 'Callan' with Edward Woodward.

I remember that as being very good, but programmes often turn out to be not as good as you remember after 45+ years. I'll probably watch to see how they've stood the test of time.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh Roger.......i really am.......why don't you join me.......its so nice,,,.......think its on 24 hours......but i know youre busy with Bikes and things...........

Edit........but you really must get on the right thread...............

Not sure what day it is never mind what thread, anyway,I also enjoy Talking Pictures, especially liked the Scotland Yard short films that were on last week

Rog

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Anybody just watched the first episode of the latest series of Line of Duty ?

Vicky McClure, the Nottingham actress stars in it, and in a scene from her home, a Forest mug was on the table. Good gal !

Just remembered, the other week on my way to Dorset, I visited Chastleton House, a National Trust property  near Moreton in the Marsh. It's an early 17c house which was the place where the recent series, Wolf Hall was filmed. It's also used in the Father Brown series too, as the home of Lady Felicia Montague. Well worth a visit.

I wonder if they will do the same thing in UK with the dancing show. We have a young nun who sings and now she's in the show dancing on Saturday nights. Must say she's good.