Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

38 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Why were that Brew, did you get bored? Or had you remembered you should have been at work.  :rolleyes:

No, just felt a bit insulted that someone thought I would be entertained by seeing a child shot through the eye, turned my stomach...

Don’t think I will watch Soldier Blue then. Think I can vaguely remember it, did it have a Native Indian massacre in it, quite controversial at the time?

The Changling is another good one with George C Scott in it I think. Quite scary.

• Upvote 1

Fair comment mate. Thing is nowadays it's open season and anything goes with todays films. Think of 'Saving Private Ryan' and 'We Were Soldiers'. The worst Iv'e seen was Mel Gibsons film 'The Passion of the Christ'.

I can remember being terrified as a child by a film called The Red House with Edward G Robinson about a house in the middle of a wood which was all overgrown and everyone was scared to go near it. I would have only been about 6 or 7. I had the chance to watch it again about 4 years ago and now I realise what the plot was all about it made far more sense. Still scared though in my 60’s ! 

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

Please wish Tina a happy birthday tomorrow from me x

thumbsupCheers M. Tina says, 'Thank you very much'.x

Heyup Ian and Jill. Tina ( Mrs Beekay) says 'Thank you very much for your kind words', and she wishes you well.

Take care mate, Barrie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Did anyone see ‘Intruder: He’s Watching You from Within’ on Channel 5 on Monday night, 8th April?  
It was about a sadistic predator nicknamed ‘The Fox’ who caused absolute terror in the Beds, Bucks and Herts area, particularly around Leighton Buzzard where we were living at the time, in 1984.  We were really first alerted to how serious the situation was when we woke one morning to hear a police helicopter circling over our house. My husband decided to take the dog a walk on the fields out the back of our garden and found dozens of police surrounding a wood, only 200m from us.   They didn’t find the Fox in there!  Shortly later we had friends come for the weekend, we went out for dinner and on returning home we shut four car doors …..bang, bang, bang, bang and within 5 minutes there was a knock on the door!  At midnight!   Scary or what?!!  I peeked out of the window to see several armed police outside. We let them in because they insisted on searching the house, fortunately they didn’t find the Fox but we then had Police camping out in our garden overnight for a few weeks which was quite comforting!  
It was a hot summer, no one dare leave a window open, burglar alarm companies made a killing, everyone we knew slept with a weapon of some sort under the bed (we had a crowbar) and the Police were only stopping people to see if they happened to have a shotgun in the boot, you could have been legless and got away with it! 
Anyway, we enjoyed the programme cos we were there, but it even scared me 40 years later, just remembering …….. 

• Upvote 1
On 10/22/2023 at 7:16 AM, MRS B said:

I can remember being terrified as a child by a film called The Red House

I was terrified by a house called The Red House, it was the mine mangers house in our local village. It had a big walled garden but the best apple orchard, just right for scrumping. Got caught by the local plod who said if I catch you scrumping here again I'll be telling your dad and grandad. The ultimate deterrent.