FLY2

Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

Maybe it's changed a lot since my day, Phil.  I did a lot of riding in Derbyshire in the early 60s.  We often went via Ripley,. I think that was the A610?  Never thought it to be too bad.  Maybe it was the optimism of youth.

Just checked.  Britain by Bike is available on YouTube.  I'm looking forward to watching it later.  Thanks for mentioning it.  You can be thankful for at least one thing over in the UK.  British tv has always been generally better than most of the junk dished up over here.

• Like 1

We don't do Cowboys though Loppy..........just watched ''Lawman'' brilliant,,try to watch a cowboy film every day,,i'm absolutely hooked on em,,

Lawman 1971,,starring Burt Lancaster and Robert Ryan,,but every face was well known,,like looking all the actors up on 'Wikie'......nearly all now passed,,tend to forget the 70s are now nearly half a century ago,,........anyway good ending to Lawman......all the baddies killed,, and Burt made love to one of their women,,then rode off into the sunset..........what could be nicer...........:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

The Professionals with Burt, Robert Ryan, Claudia Cardinale and the all time great Lee Marvin is one of my favourite westerns. 

Look up LQ Jones, the ultimate baddie, he must be well near 90 by now, and made literally hundreds of westerns. A great character actor.

• Like 1

Looked him up Fly,, and yes just what i mean a face we all know but not the name,,glad to see he's still with us,,

love cowboy films and cowboys........think in reality i'd sooner have been a cowboy Actor than a real one,,   lol

• Upvote 1

No cowboy films for me... I've just been watching the new Dr Who and SHE IS BRILLIANT!   Loving it - it was  about time the Doctor was a woman.   She has a lovely accent, too... 

IMG_3974.jpg

Never been a Doctor Who fan but I did see him once at breakfast time in the Midland Hotel in Manchester. Patrick Troughton. That dates me. A female Doctor - no it will never work. It’s lost all credibility!

I can see the Tardis now being decorated with cheap furnature from Ikea   :rotfl:

Rog

....and why not, Rog, Ikea is simple, functional and looks good (I think)

The new Doctor will attract a lot of followers, I reckon - she's quick thinking, clever, and attractive (and has a great accent, as I said previously). Yes, I know it's only a TV programme...but I like It!

Watched another great Cowboy film last night ''Tombstone'' 1993 with Kurt Russell and Val kilmer,,about Wyatt Earp and his brothers,,Charlton Heston even had a small part.

Some brilliant Gunfights including the one at the ''OK Corral'',,did'nt realise Wyatt Earp lived into the 1920s.

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

(and has a great accent,

She's from Yorkshire thou knows

Rog

Wait till she puts up chintz and net curtains. Anyway how can Dr Who be female, I've never seen a sink or an ironing board in the Tardis....:rolleyes:

• Like 3

They come in later episodes after the Ikea furniture has fallen to bits

Rog

3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Watched another great Cowboy film last night ''Tombstone'' 1993 with Kurt Russell and Val kilmer,,about Wyatt Earp and his brothers,,Charlton Heston even had a small part.

Some brilliant Gunfights including the one at the ''OK Corral'',,did'nt realise Wyatt Earp lived into the 1920s.

You don't have to go to a Western movie to see a gunfight over here these days.   :Shock:

• Like 1

I had a flat in Nottingham and Jon Pertwee had relatives nearby. He used to turn up in a vintage car wearing his Dr Who coat. Used to hear the local kids shouting “It’s Dr Who”. He was always mobbed and was very good with them as they used to ask him all sorts of questions. He was a very imposing figure. Haven’t watched it since a David Tennant left but have recorded new episodes to see how the new one will go.

• Like 1

SG, I'm watching the new Dr Who and loving it - I know it's only a TV programme but she's definitely not a weak girly girl!

She was in Broadchurch I think wasn’t she? No screaming and running away then, good looking forward to watching it with the new baddies.

Never watched Broadchurch but I seem to remember reading that she was in that.    Soon 

be time for tonight's episode.......

Tonight's episode of Dr Who was brilliant. Nice bits of humour and good acting. The historical story line was very thought provoking. People should not have been treated like that. Thank goodness for equality legislation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Strictly results show. Phew ! Seann and Katya through after a superb dance off !  

Been watching ‘Weather from Hell’ on ITV this evening.  Love programmes such as that, real-life stuff.  Not sure if jonab can get British TV programmes but the flat he used to live in next door to The Grosvenor was shown on the programme.  It was a section about urban flash floods, I remember that particular event about 4 or 5 years ago and was thankful that we live on a hill, the Grosvenor being about half a mile away from our house ........at the bottom of the hill 

I'll have to take a look for that on YT, Lizzle.  We've certainly had some of that in Georgia the last couple of weeks.

It was in the 40s this morning and only low 70s this afternoon.  It's like natural air conditioning.  I worked in the yard all morning and didn't break a sweat.

Watching Strictly even though it's a silly Halloween one.  When Danny and his partner danced to Spirit in the Sky, I couldn't resist so I got up and danced the way it was done  as a group dance in the 1980s... anyone else remember that dance?   Now I've just watched the next one which was The Witchdoctor Song and I could remember all the words to that one, too (very silly words!)

Phil, but did you get up and dance as well?

Arthritic hip. Awaiting x-ray result. My dancing career is temporarily on hold. I’ve been invited to appear on ‘Strictly’ many times - as a judge of course.:biggrin:

• Like 1