FLY2

Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

Phil, that was actually very funny..

Thank’s Margie. I’m in festive mood and not a single tree or decoration in the house. There’s lots of Hoovering going on so I think something is about to happen but I’m keeping out of it!

We haven't put a tree up either as there's no room in our little house!   I have got our home made crib on the window sill, though..  Paul made it 50 years ago and I bought and dressed two little dolls as Mary and Joseph.  The manger is a matchbox and Jesus is a cake decoration (a little child)   He stays behind the clock until Christmas morning, when he is put in his matchbox manger.   I love it..

IMG-4804.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/22/2018 at 5:57 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Just caught the end of Celebrity Mastermind''  Toyah Wilcox won it................even though she thought 'William the Conqueror' used to hide in the 'Major oak'..............lol

On one occasion recently, a tv quiz contestant was asked what language was spoken in the Faroes. 'I know that one', he replied, 'Egyptian'.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Some of the answers given in quiz shows beggar believe. I used to think it was due to lack of education, but I now give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it's nerves taking over.

Nothing much on tv . Most films Ive already seen. Do you know what I'm watching? I'll give you a clue. 

Doc

Grumpy

Sneezy

Happy

Bashful

Dopey

Sleepy

Yes you've guesed it. 

Its  a great film I remember seeing it as a child. Disney was brilliant,  I love all his animated films.

• Upvote 1

Eating all the foil wrapped Roses left in the tin that nobody wants......watching the lot of brilliant Italian teenage angst.

'My Brilliant Friend'.

Just watched the first instalment of the new 'Les Miserables'.  Took a bit of reorganisation in my mind to 'marry it up' with the musical but thought it was good.    I like that it gives more background to the various characters.  Trouble is, I kept waiting for people to break into song....... (love the songs from the musical)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Watched it too Margie, but it's over 50 years or so since I read the book, that other than that bare bones, it was all new to me. 

There's been a great series on BBC 2 over the holidays called Made in the Factory, presented by Greg Wallace and Cherry Healey.

Previous series featured various household goods, but this series involved the production of mince pies, sweets, milk, wrapping paper, baubles, and many other fascinating items. Brilliant lighthearted viewing.

• Like 1

The Big Yin, Billy Connolly. Just love that man.  Observational, comedian, musician, actor and a lovely lovely man.   Seen him live at the Concert Hall just once, a brilliantly funny evening.   Actually I think he’s the only Scotsman I like !!

• Upvote 2

Better than Peter Kay or not ?

Watched a couple of Father Brown episodes, then a documentary about the Mississippi which was amazing. I googled relevant cruises, but on seeing the prices, I will not be participating. Looked magnificent though.

27 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Better than Peter Kay or not ?

Different, both brilliant.  

• Upvote 1

Exactly. So different, but so talented. Beats some of the alternative types hands down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Always loved Billy Connelly since seeing him at Nottingham many years ago. (Some Scottish friends got the tickets and dragged us along, we had never heard of him at that time, it was before he became popular.) Love  his “Welly Song”.

• Upvote 1

Watch at least 2 a day of Quick On The Draw...Bill Tidy- loved his tripe saga.

Just watched the final episode of Manhunt. Brilliant acting by Martin Clunes, and a portrayal of superb detective work.

Just hard slogging, and resolute determination. No diving in, all guns blazing ! 

Makes it hard not to have a desire for the return of the death penalty, when a depraved rapist, paedophile and murderer is on the loose.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Our niece’s husband was one of the detectives working on the case, DC Neil Jones.  Got the Welsh accent right but he’s much better looking than the actor who portrayed him though.  He spent a lot of time studying CCTV on buses!! Great piece of television drama, gripping in fact.   

• Upvote 1

Been riveted tut' telly watching a popumentary on this man:

From Bernard, Shane to Alvin.1974-alvin-startdust-ad-orig.jpg

We must be in a minority but had never watched any of the Luther series before.....until we were gripped by the last one over the new year .

Didn't realise that fabulous Ruth Wilson had a part in it ....she's brilliant as a sexy executioner but with a sense of humour !

One of the early episodes had her and the dour Nicola Walker acting together .... They could make a modern day Cagney and Lacey ?

Anyway we are now binge watching on BBC iPlayer the whole collection (Series 1 onwards)  , its is a bit scary and gory , indeed switched off last night as a man was about to put his hand in a blender to avoid having his fingerprints taken ! 

Ben, are you watching The Longest Day on Film 4. A superb war film crammed with stars.