Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Lots of old famous faces are regulars...and i enjoy looking them up on Wiki....sadly most now no longer with us...........

I often do that when I'm watching old films & programmes. It's surprising is how many actors died relatively young. A few I've come across recently...Rupert Davies (Maigret) 60; Alexander Gauge (Friar Tuck in Robin Hood) 46; John Gregson 55; 

• Like 1

@benjamin1945 in the Philippines if you can't speak the foreign lingo you're boggered ,but alas i can get BBC World news , and also Aljazeera ,but to get your old favourites like Last of the summer wine ,  Dad's army, or open all hours , you have to rely on Youtube , not complaining much though my wife still cooks me Egg'nChips , and the beers ice cold , the suntan though must improve on that i want to look like a bronze adonis ( an aged one ) rather than a half baked prawn !!!!

David...up to finishing work in 2018.......i mixed with many ''Philipinoes (sp)''........knowing a little bit of History thought they would have spoken some 'Spanish' but found only the older ones did...........

• Like 1

The Philippines was claimed by Ferdinand Magellan  in 1520 for Spain ,  that's was the local here tell me , i wasn't around  leaning on a coconut tree to witness it mind !