Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

Ben, you're safer in Bulwell without a doubt. Benidorm !  Give me Colditz any day !

• Like 2
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

Watched "The Bespoke Overcoat" on Talking Pictures yesterday.  I had never seen Alfie Bass play a serious role before and I was quite surprised at how good he was.

• Like 1
On 05/03/2018 at 4:32 PM, plantfit said:

(there I said it)

And welll said too!

• Like 1

Concerning the news.  I saw a totally disgusting example of manipulation last night.  The news reader said,. " we have some body cam footage of police officers beating a minority individual.  You may find this footage disturbing."

i found it it disturbing alright but not for the reasons they probably thought.  The individual was shown mouthing off to and threatening a police officer who proceeded to hit him.  I think both parties were wrong.  The individual for foul mouthing a policeman over nothing.  The policeman for reacting like a goon in the situation.

What I found 'disturbing'. Was that they replayed this 'disturbing' footage three times.  Apparently this happened almost two years ago. NEWS?   It probably also happens more often that we think.  My question is.  What does the media wish to achieve?  Increased hatred resulting in a race war and more unfortunates killed over false stereotypes.

As I've said before.  I despise them.  Everything is slanted to make one side or the other look like the devil himself.  I believe they have blood on their hands.

Rant over! 

• Upvote 2

I watched that two hour tribute to Ken Dodd on CH5 last night. What a talent, what a charming character, what wit and enthusiasm. 

This great man REALLY was the last of the all time greats. No one, and I mean no one can emulate him. A true sad loss !

• 2 weeks later...

The RAF is 100 years old on the 1st April, formed in 1918 after being called the Royal flying corps

Rog

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, IAN123. said:

I saw him the year he died and looked tanned but tired and signed an old EP for me.

We followed him around the West Mids on his last tour. He was wearing his original leather trousers on stage, and was very thin and fake tanned, being a big fan, Billy could do no wrong and even though he had had to alter the notes on some of his songs as his voice was a little weaker, he was still the best for me. We queued for his autograph after the show at the 'Kingfisher Club'. I still have it and all the paper clippings following him until his sad end came far to early. 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched two programmes the other night, that are fantastic viewing. 'Britains Most Historic Town' with the immensely watchable Professor Alice Roberts, who constantly describes things in a totally understandable manner.

Then 'Secret Agent Selection WW2'. This puts various civilians through the intense training course that the prospective agents went through in WW2. Again, compulsive viewing. 

Another programme I'm recording is 'Britains Biggest Warship', about the HMS Queen Elizabeth during its sea trials. 

Very occasionally, something interesting does come along .

• 2 weeks later...

Good Cowboy this afternoon...........''A lawless street ''........1955 Randolph Scott and Angela Lansbury...............unusual ending ,  Hero kills all the Baddies and rides into the sunset.........with his woman..........lol

Been enjoying ''Benidorm'' for last few years......sad to see it's the last one tomorrow night,,...anyone else admit to enjoying it ?

• Like 2

I'll admit to liking Benidorm, totally daft but it's my sort of humour, must say though, the first series was the best. Did actually stay at the sol pelicanos many years ago, long before they thought about filming there.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

..anyone else admit to enjoying it ?

I love Benidorm. Did you say it's the last one tomorrow night. Shame, I love daft, and you can't get much dafter than BD. My favourite characters are, Kenneth, Joyce Temple Savage, (The late Donald) and Jacqueline, Geoff Maltby, played by Johnny Vegas and my all time favourite is his mum Noreen Maltby played by the lovely Elsie Kelly, but in reality I think most of them are great.

• Like 2

I agree Carnie........love 'Daft'.......love to meet Noreen out the back of Wethers in Bulwell...........so many who played great parts,,,,,,,,,,and seemed to enjoy doing it........never been to Benidorm but the series as made me want to..........i'm sure i'd have some great tales to tell on here if i did........thinking about it i reckon i meet the Benidorm mob in Bulwell........so it must be good,,............lol

• Like 1

We never saw the first series, so I look forward one day to catching up on it. We used to go to Butlins quite a lot  in the 70/80s and some of the episodes of BD really remind me of those crazy days and nights. We met a few people on those holidays that could have fit in with the BD cast easily. You can always give the real Benedorm a whirl benj, pretty sure you would soon have a few tales to tell.:biggrin:

• Like 1

Love 'Banter' even with random strangers..........a quick hello,ey-up or even Hola,, and you can tell if they are up for it,, wife plays hell with me,,but just can't help it,,......they might be 'Benidorm/Bulwell types or even ''up their own types''....i hold nowt against em........and still chat on their level,,was reading recently about British being stand off-ish........some are ,but reckon the majority like a friendly chat......without getting too personal............

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks NBL Dint know that..............enjoyed the bloke in Retford who called the Copper ''a ginger prick''.............lol

• 2 weeks later...

True Grit     ............ film 4 today.........fill your hands you son of a bitch ''......the one and only Big John,,  ''Duke''

The Handmaid's Tale. Margaret Atwood's novels are a good read. Just finished Maddaddam and now reading The Heart Goes Last. Turning The Handmaid's Tale into TV series must have been a challenge due to the complexity of the story line and the grim content. They have toned it down a bit.