Enjoying owt on the box lately ?

Last night’s Final, Final, Final ??? Peter Kay’s Car Share.  Blinkin’ hilarious. Very few comedy shows make me laugh out loud these days but that man is Britain’s finest comedian right now.  

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t do the mountain of holiday ironing without watching the telly so this afternoon I am watching, quite by chance, ‘Collectaholics’  BBC2.  I think Gem would enjoy the programme as it has feature

I think it was me who did the snatching Lizzie. The poor lad didn't stand a chance. We had a great two and half years courting, made some fab memories. When I think back to our teens, it makes me smil

The producers of 'The Saint'  wanted a British car for Roger Moore portraying Simon Templer & approached Jaguar to supply a vehicle. The producers explained that the show would be weekly & exp

ONLY comedian Lizzie. Repeated late Friday night just in case anyone missed it.

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

Last night’s Final, Final, Final ??? Peter Kay’s Car Share.  Blinkin’ hilarious. 

A little way through I remembered some of the jokey roadside signs and hoardings from previous episodes so spent much of the time looking out for those . I spotted a lot but some I missed .

A list here :

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/you-spot-hidden-gags-finale-14721838.amp

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting prog' on 'Reality tv, monday 10pm..........about the Stirlands murders in Trusthorpe 2003, with Bulwell /Bestwood connections..........

• 2 weeks later...

Don't miss ''sexy beast'' tonight ch,4, 12.10,     Ray Winstone proper Geezer'   great film

Ben Kingsley was superb in this ^^^^ film.

Ray Winstone, although I admire his acting, does tend to be a one part actor - that part being a gangster or thug.

Kingsley, on the other hand, went from playing the ultimate man of peace (Gandhi) to the despicable excuse for a human being as portrayed in Sexy Beast.

8pm this evening on BBC4, is a documentary entitled 'The Cruel Sea. The Penlee Lifeboat Disaster'.

If anything portrays the bravery and dedication of lifeboat crews , then this event is it. There were no survivors from the Solomon Browne lifeboat, or the Union Star freighter. Such a sad occurrence, but the following morning, there was a queue of volunteers to man a new lifeboat. The absolute bravest of the brave, and I'm always moved to tears whenever I pass through the Cornish village of Moushole.

God rest their souls .

• Like 4

Likewise Sue.

Today?  Well we watched Football, Cricket, Formula 1 and Golf.  I don’t have any control over the tv remote but today I didn’t mind at all, it was a British winning day after all.  

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Last night, 20.00hrs until 21.00hrs, Britain by bike with Larry and Gearge Lamb, they were riding around the Peak district stopping of at various villages,easy to watch program with some interesting facts,they visited Castleton,Bakewell,Monsal trail etc, next week they are cycling around Snowdonia,looking forward to it

Rog

Edit: forgot to add,it's on channel 5

I found that program fascinating Rog as I know the area very well. It was interesting to see the old farmer ‘Brocklehurst’ at Ashford in the Water. He must be a relative of mine as the Brocklehurst family originate from nearby Sheldon. I’m only a Mayfield because of the name my great grandfather ‘borrowed’ from his grandparents who looked after him when his mother Mary Brocklehurst, who was also illegitimate, bore him out of wedlock. Lots of bastards in my family! I’m also drawn to Winnats Pass. I once walked up that hill when I helped out with my son’s scout troop and I used to enjoy a good thrash up there in my Lotus if the road was clear!

• Like 1

Rode up Winnats a couple of times on a road bike but was never brave enough to ride down it, the program bought back a lot of memories for me too as I have riden along many of those roads on a bicycle,

Rog

Maybe it's changed a lot since my day, Phil.  I did a lot of riding in Derbyshire in the early 60s.  We often went via Ripley,. I think that was the A610?  Never thought it to be too bad.  Maybe it was the optimism of youth.

Just checked.  Britain by Bike is available on YouTube.  I'm looking forward to watching it later.  Thanks for mentioning it.  You can be thankful for at least one thing over in the UK.  British tv has always been generally better than most of the junk dished up over here.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

We don't do Cowboys though Loppy..........just watched ''Lawman'' brilliant,,try to watch a cowboy film every day,,i'm absolutely hooked on em,,

Lawman 1971,,starring Burt Lancaster and Robert Ryan,,but every face was well known,,like looking all the actors up on 'Wikie'......nearly all now passed,,tend to forget the 70s are now nearly half a century ago,,........anyway good ending to Lawman......all the baddies killed,, and Burt made love to one of their women,,then rode off into the sunset..........what could be nicer...........:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

The Professionals with Burt, Robert Ryan, Claudia Cardinale and the all time great Lee Marvin is one of my favourite westerns. 

Look up LQ Jones, the ultimate baddie, he must be well near 90 by now, and made literally hundreds of westerns. A great character actor.

• Like 1

Looked him up Fly,, and yes just what i mean a face we all know but not the name,,glad to see he's still with us,,

love cowboy films and cowboys........think in reality i'd sooner have been a cowboy Actor than a real one,,   lol

• Upvote 1

No cowboy films for me... I've just been watching the new Dr Who and SHE IS BRILLIANT!   Loving it - it was  about time the Doctor was a woman.   She has a lovely accent, too... 

IMG_3974.jpg

....and why not, Rog, Ikea is simple, functional and looks good (I think)

The new Doctor will attract a lot of followers, I reckon - she's quick thinking, clever, and attractive (and has a great accent, as I said previously). Yes, I know it's only a TV programme...but I like It!

Watched another great Cowboy film last night ''Tombstone'' 1993 with Kurt Russell and Val kilmer,,about Wyatt Earp and his brothers,,Charlton Heston even had a small part.

Some brilliant Gunfights including the one at the ''OK Corral'',,did'nt realise Wyatt Earp lived into the 1920s.

Wait till she puts up chintz and net curtains. Anyway how can Dr Who be female, I've never seen a sink or an ironing board in the Tardis....:rolleyes:

• Like 3