Hi! Back in November me and a friend had just been to see a band at Rock City and were at the train station waiting for our train home. It was about 4:30am and we were standing on the platform. it was pretty calm, however I was sure I could hear the sounds of a party, or a large group of people chatting and listening to music. It sounded old, as in an old granmaphone playing and people that had traditional English grammar talking if you understand what I mean. My friend heard this too and we thought it could be someone watching tv in the lounge near the platforms so we walked along the platform toward the sound. It grew louder and louder however we had passed the lounge and as it got to the point where we could almost audibly hear the convosations when it suddenly stopped. There were no doors along the platform only vending machines and no one around apart from a cleaner o the other side of the tracks. Then, there was a loud moaning noise that got louder and louder and sounded like someone was in great pain. It got unbearably loud and frightening and so we quickly moved away and a few minutes later we could no longer hear it. About half an hour later a man did walk pat us from the direction of all of these sounds and so we blamed the sounds on him (just to ease our minds) but I dont believe it was him as we were right I too of/next to the moans and there was no where he could have been hiding. 

Has anyone else experienced anything like this, or even any kind of manifestations around the station? Please do let me know!!

Wasn't there an early train to London at 0430 weekdays SX back in the 1960s?  Is seem to recall that it stopped everywhere and got into London about 0730hrs.

Interesting story.... Assuming that you live in Peterborough, were you travelling via Grantham and then catching a connection to Peterborough?