Enjoying the forum very much, so many memories.

Born in Sherwood 1953, , lived at 54 Newfield  rd and eventually  my own flat in cypress lodge on magdala rd. Attended Seely school on Perry rd, then High Pavement on Gainsford Cr. Worked at Boots, Station St and D90 Beeston . Met a Canadian girl and ended up here in 1976. Keen rugby player in the day and had dozens of motorbikes since I was 16. Still riding but rugby is a distant memory. Fortunate to live on Georgian Bay off Lake Huron and now enjoy reirement sailing, biking and camping.. 

I have some good stories of advenrures around Nottingham will share them when I can.

Tha ks

Phil Allen

• Upvote 3

Hello fastfil.  Pleased you are enjoying reading the posts on here.  Please let's hear more of your memories...

A warm welcome to you Phil. Good stories are always well received here.

Ey-up Phil, from a fellow Canadian.   I know I'm living in Georgia.  Long story, you can take the lad out of Canada but you can't take Canada out of the lad.  Anyway, welcome!  I look forward to reading your posts.

• 2 months later...

Hello fastfil, Lake Huron is a beautiful place. Funny how so many of us Brits move to Canada... we're a wandering breed ;)