Was just wondering if anybody else had heard of this place?

A lady popped into my work the other day talking about it. They are a training clinic for Doctors and are offering low cost cosmetic treatments (botox & fillers) to their "models" (people who want the treatments). 

From what I gather, all the doctors and nurses and medically qualified they are just learning and training in Botox and fillers. 

Sounds interesting, just wanted to know if anybody had thought about it or even heard of it? I know they are in a couple of others towns too.

TIA x 

We normally get rid of spam on this site as soon as it appears, but this has the potential to be amusing so I'll leave it for now.

23 minutes ago, LucyNotts said:

This is the key phrase.......they all start like that.

• Upvote 1

Sadly I do see quite a lot of young girls out & about with these fillers in their lips, what are their lips going to look like when they hit 40 & 50? I feel sorry for them they must be very insecure, no wonder they can't get blokes.

I say delete the tread, it's not needed here.  

• Upvote 1

At least its a new Topic..........a bit thin on the ground lately.................or am i missing them being swallowed up with all the games ?

• Upvote 3

No need to spend a fortune on Cosmetic Courses. Looking at the complexions of a lot of our older female celebrities you can't deny that they do have nice skin, but at the cost of hundreds and sometimes thousands of pounds. What is happening to them though, with this 'Monster Look' they all have...plumped up cheeks so high that their eyes disappear into sideways splits, lips that look as though they have had some kind of bad chemical reaction. LuLu and Goldie Hawn are just two who don't look anything like the ladies we all remember.

For the likes of us ordinary Gels, who can't afford their pampering, some natural things do a decent job.

Carni's Cosmetic Course

2 tsps granulated sugar in some warm Olive Oil, massaged into face and body (best done while in shower cubicle) rinsed of with warm water.

Olive Oil massaged into hair occasionally,rinsed well before shampoo.

Plenty of Veg,Fruit,Nuts in the diet.

Olive Oil drizzled on tomatoes and microwaved on toast.

Lots of Chocolate, and anything else you fancy, Sod the complexion Lifes to short!smile2 

PS. Make sure you rinse the shower cubicle well....that olive oil is slippery!

• Upvote 6

Can we use chip fat instead of olive oil, carni? And what about Park Drives - how many a day, do you think?

• Upvote 2

It's what the person is like inside that matters. That's what's important ! 

Wrinkles, thinning lips, sunken cheeks. laughter or despair lines, furrowed brow....... Who gives a toss.

I certainly don't want a woman of over 60 odd thinking she's only in her 30's.

I know what you mean, and that goes for both sexes. To look good for your age is far more realistic than trying to look younger. One can end up being a joke.

Saying that looks don't matter sounds great, but I honestly think they do to a certain extent, before we even speak to each other when looking for a partner, that is the first thing we notice, if we are not attracted at that stage, then we would probably take it no further.

In some relationships where two people are in each others company for considerable time Working together etc it would be easy to fall for personality, and charisma.  

I do believe the saying is true. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it is really Carni. I'm a sucker for a pretty face, but the rest has to come up to scratch too !

No comment !

Chulla, I recommend at least 10 Parkys a day, preferably smoked whilst leaning on the gatepost in mi jamas, with mi face plastered in a good quality chip fat. Wouldn't use anything else mi sen. smile2

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

or am i missing them being swallowed up with all the games ?

Wow have you ever tried to view this site on a Mobile phone? You'll need free WIFI loading all those word / keep one / song games ... quite shocking!

I'm getting thoroughly sick of the constant bellyaching about games. They give a lot of people innocent fun. 

Just let things be for goodness sakes.

Sat in Newark bus station this afternoon,there was two young lads sat across from me they would be mid teenagers and they were spraying themselves with a bottle of man fragrance,almost choking the rest of us,am I getting old or just missing the point?

Rog

9 hours ago, LucyNotts said:

A lady popped into my work the other day talking about it. They are a training clinic for Doctors and are offering low cost cosmetic treatments (botox & fillers) to their "models" (people who want the treatments). 

From what I gather, all the doctors and nurses and medically qualified they are just learning and training in Botox and fillers. 

Sounds interesting, just wanted to know if anybody had thought about it or even heard of it? I know they are in a couple of others towns too.

TIA x 

First it sounds like they are private. Check their qualification's and see if they are on the local council's register as all people who do piecing should be. There are lots of course's for beauty at your local collages. Ask about being a model  for a beauty therapist. Its doe's not cost the earth and at least you will have the college behind you. I myself would be very weary of this place your on about.

I have a good friend who is a Consultant Anaesthetist and fully trained in these procedures. That's where I'd go when I need cheering up!  Nothing wrong with wanting to look your best but I agree that it can be overdone. 

On 25/04/2017 at 10:21 AM, Cliff Ton said:

We normally get rid of spam on this site as soon as it appears........

....and as LucyNotts has never been back since she posted her original message, I think we can assume she has gone the way of all spammers, and is now botoxing her way around other forums.

• Upvote 3