Saw this on another site and wondered if anyone recalls the Romanys in Bulwell......

34418592281_d59ecbcdc9_b.jpg

Those wagons would be worth a small fortune now for glamping. I know most of

us are getting on a bit on this site but wouldn't that be a long memory even for us.

• Upvote 1

I remember them being at Moorbridge when I was a kid.  Not the modern 'Traveller' site, but nearer the bridge.  If you are heading towards Nottm over the bridge, there is a bit of iron railing just after where the stonework stops.  There used to be a Trent Bus stop there way back.  I recall looking down through those railings and seeing one or two small vans and a couple of ponies parked up on grass just below.  They used to come around selling clothes pegs made from cut wood bound with bits of recycled steel can.  Also Chrysanthemum type artificial flowers made of shaved wood and dyed bright colours.

Col

Probably their descendants that are still in Bulwell...............just a mile up the Leen at Moorbridge,a permanent site......nice to see.............the old St.Marys clock and Church,looking down on them...........by the way for anyone that frequents Bulwell have you noticed that its been 12 oclock for about a year now...........

Bulwell.... 'The Land That Time Forgot'.....  :laugh:

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

Compo.....check your keyboard-operating finger.  You posted this SIX times in a minute :rolleyes:.

Don't know what went wrong but I pressed "Submit" and the screen went blue/grey and stayed that way for about that length of time before the post appeared.  It only appeared once on my screen though.