BilboroughShirley

I did not start the word association topic but it says I did

I am completely confused. Tonight I looked at unread content and saw that I am listed as starting "word association" on 23 April this year. I posted that day but did not start the thread. The thread used to be a lot longer than it is.  Now there are only about 6 pages. What has happened? 

This  made me look at content i started and I discovered that my thread about the free newspaper called "Info" is not listed there. Where has it gone?

I think what has happened is that some old parts of a thread were deleted to free up space on the server a week or two ago.  This was because the site was getting slow at times.

I assume that the original posters item was deleted and the site then takes the first post that was left as being the original.  If that happened to be one of your posts then it assumes that you started the thread.  It has happened in 'How's your day' for instance.   As regards the thread you started, I don't know.  I suggest you p.m. an admin.

Not a problem and nothing to worry about.  Enjoy your fame.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Loppylugs is correct. Over the last few weeks I've been deleting many of the old posts on the word game threads which were taking up a lot of space. The system automatically credits the thread to whoever made the post at the beginning; and the last time I did any deletions I randomly stopped at a BilboroughShirley post.

Next time I do it, someone else will be famous for a few weeks.

• Upvote 2

Why not just delete those games ? An save yersen a job !   :shout:

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to tread a diplomatic middle ground. :rolleyes:   

But if I was mick2me and it was my site.............

• Upvote 2

On the subject of space usage. Surely a lot of space is taken by the details of some members on the left side of each of their posts which are quite long whilst their actual posts are a lot smaller. 

• Upvote 1

Space is taken by videos on the 'What are you listening to ' topic. It should be text only. I can never access the topic.

A quick word to the dissenters, moaners and groaners. We don't all want to know about every tiny ailment and affliction that befalls you all. I know I began the Ailments topic, but there's no reason to overdo and abuse it.

We don't all want to know everything about abnormal bodily functions, twitches, the onset of failing eyesight, discoloured wee, and anything else that you should keep personal. 

I'm definitely getting increasingly annoyed with folk I thought were friends. Maybe I'm just a poor judge of people.

I'll trim my interests on the left too, just to show how accommodating and amenable I am .

• Upvote 1

Hook, line & sinker !!!!!!!!!!

I thought my comment would wake a few up. Calm down & relax FLY, all a bit of fun, just like those bleddy games are smile2

• Upvote 1

There are also over 2,000 posts regarding "Happy Birthday" going back many many years.Surely just keeping the last 12 months is enough to retain.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DaveN said:

On the subject of space usage. Surely a lot of space is taken by the details of some members on the left side of each of their posts which are quite long whilst their actual posts are a lot smaller. 

This is a good point.    Will relevant members please take note and make appropriate adjustments.

• Upvote 1

Cliff Ton if I remember on the previous system members' details were on their profile only but weren't on their posts as well except very basic details.

We have two thousand nine hundred and ninety five posts yes TWO THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND NINETY FIVE posts of so called dead celebrities most we have never heard of or even knew where Nottingham is, but hay ho boosts a few post counts & look at me 'I posted it first' rosettes. 

• Upvote 2

Is there no let up in your sad activities ?

• Upvote 1

The biggest offender - by a long way - is "What are you listening to now?" because over half the posts have a Youtube link.

• Upvote 1

Re #15. Exactly Cliff, that's what I said several days ago. At least SOMEONE takes notice. 

Actually, there are often several posted during the night. I've not been able to access it for months, which is quite frustrating.

Your not missing out there's only been 11 posts in the 16th day of this month, delete it job done ;)

#15.

Easily remedied Cliff Ton !  smile2

• Upvote 1

#9 When we was kids & old Ted with the bee stung tabs was the water bailiff at Raliegh pond I always remember the sign it said ' NO NIGHTFISHING' 'NO GROUNDBAIT' NO CAMPING' 'NO FIRES' we added 'NO RODS' 'NO LINE' 'NO REELS' 'NO HOOKS' sadly we probably killed him off, he went crackers :crazy: (we did once chuck his bike in the pond while he was collecting day fees ... Sorry Ted) 

A very big thanks to everyone who has explained this for me. The removal of the early part of the word game makes good sense as it will free up more space for all the lovely memories of Nottingham and the photos.

I am still a bit puzzled about what happened to my thread about "Info" the free newspaper. Has that been tacked onto another thread about the Evening Post? I am hoping that one day someone will join the site and remember "Info", the free paper set up by compositors who were made redundant in 1973. My dad enjoyed working on "Info".

#15.  I use WAYLTN. Quite a bit, but it takes a long time to load because of all the YT links.  I wouldn't get bent out of shape if you take the shears to it cliff.

1 hour ago, BilboroughShirley said:

I am still a bit puzzled about what happened to my thread about "Info" the free newspaper. Has that been tacked onto another thread about the Evening Post? I am hoping that one day someone will join the site and remember "Info", the free paper set up by compositors who were made redundant in 1973. My dad enjoyed working on "Info".

BS, it's still here -    https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/14678-info-a-free-newspaper-in-nottingham-in-1973/