• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The cars always fascinated me.  I was only maybe 12-14 years old at the time and knew little about the engineering side of it, but the cars mostly just looked so mean.  We went from a Buxton camping t

And this of course the words whispered in the lady's ear.   How could I resist the aroma of your perfume.................

We were regulars down at Long Eaton in the mid Sixties and remember the musical interludes, and "Death of a Clown" does bring back memories of those nights, especially during a dry weather spell when

Think he simply did Parody..haven't seen mudhoney.wasn't the Knack an Alan Lester film? Way superior to a Hard Days Night in my opinion. As people have probably noticed ..My preference is to make errors over resorting to google.

50 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

I am rather fond of those films..HSR.

The Collector..Billy Liar..A Taste of Honey..Accident etc..

Tom and Julie here..'Twisterella'.

Wasn't Leonard Rossiter nicknamed Shagrat in this? Great Film!

2 hours ago, HSR said:

Think he simply did Parody..haven't seen mudhoney.wasn't the Knack an Alan Lester film? Way superior to a Hard Days Night in my opinion. As people have probably noticed ..My preference is to make errors over resorting to google.

Richard Lester..Apologies! This place gets the 'old brain cells ' ticking over..I'm getting there!

'Kind of Loving' with Alan Bates and Thora Hird is a cracker also. Seem to recall a TV remake which briefly featured Toyah Wilcox about 74-75 ..then another remake...

Late Seventies TV..slow Arty F**ty! ;)

Long winded. and over 10 hours long...complete rubbish..

Wish the original film was over ten hours long..

• 5 months later...

What ever happened to the Colliers Arms at Cinderhill i remember my grandad and his next door neighbour going there for their Sunday morning pint may be more then coming home for a roast beef yorkshire pudding traditional Sunday dinner.He lived on Temple Drive at Nuthall and always walked to pub.When i learned to drive i remember how narrow it was on the bend and under the bridge ,is Cinderhill Island still there?.

L

Colliers gone to make way for a hotel and business park. Cinderhill Island is still there, but now massive !

Saw a photo somewhere of the Collier's Arms. It had been boarded up prior to demo, but then caught fire. Roof just about gone in the photo. I know Phoenix Park was built where the pit and pub were,  but not a hotel. The only hotel I know around there was built between Fowler's Pond and Creepers. . The island at Cinderhill is huge compared to the little island the 41 trolleybus used to turn around to get to the terminus. The huge trees on the present island are the same ones that were behind the wall nr the pond. 

It's a Premier Inn, and Millers Barn restaurant Kath. 

• Like 1