• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The cars always fascinated me.  I was only maybe 12-14 years old at the time and knew little about the engineering side of it, but the cars mostly just looked so mean.  We went from a Buxton camping t

And this of course the words whispered in the lady's ear.   How could I resist the aroma of your perfume.................

We were regulars down at Long Eaton in the mid Sixties and remember the musical interludes, and "Death of a Clown" does bring back memories of those nights, especially during a dry weather spell when

• 5 months later...

Great memories came back to me today,because 'Herb Alpert' is 80 today,i remember his song (with the Tijuana brass) in the late 60s 'This guys in love with you' and although we divorced many years ago my ex sent me a text reminding me he was now 80,and did i feel old?...(cheeky Git )

Told her 'yes' but only a bit,then we had a good laugh.........its ok we have always remained friends,her and my now wife of nearly 30 yrs are best friends,and even go out together on occasions...........funny old world ain't it,.....lol.

• Upvote 4

Even stranger catfan,when a few years ago at a family funeral at Bulwell all 3 of the ladies i wed plus an ex fiance turned up.... :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I didn't know that the Isle of Wight Festival had cat-strangling contests.

• Upvote 2

Our song with my ex was Everlasting Love, by the Love Affair. Well that didn't last !!!!!

Nowadays, MY favourite songs change daily, but I will always love the blues, Allman Brothers, Rory and Thin Lizzy.

Really hard to choose. Seems like all of the early 60s music pack some pretty powerful memories for me. It was a great era.

Remember smooching at Colemans tio that tune "hey Paula". "I wanna marry you." What was I thinking!!!?

I MUST start listening to more music,in the car i'm permantently tuned in to radio 4,but when i switched on at 5am this morning the wife went out last night and it was still on a music channel,and i got 'Light my fire' by Lulu followed by 'when will i see you again' by the 'three degrees',great songs which put me in a great mood,even that early.

• Upvote 2

When we were all younger, our favourites were all pop songs, but now we are older, I tend to think we like a more mature and musically complex type of song.

I found this on an Allman Brothers site.

Music speaks what cannot be expressed.

Softens the mind and gives it rest.

Heals the heart and makes it whole.

Flows from heaven to the soul.

What more can you say. Bl00dy brilliant !!!!!

If you want the hairs to stand up on your neck then try these three which do it for me.

Soulshine...... The Allman Brothers.

Mountain Cry....... Blues Traveler with Gregg Allman

I'll be holding on....... Gregg Allman

Definately not pop, but great songs.

• 2 months later...

WHEN me and the wife first started 'Sparking' early 80s,............'Arthurs theme' Christopher Cross, still both get mushy when we hear it, :)

• Upvote 1

1969 my wife to be threw her engagement ring at me and I came back from Buxton to Nottingham.

1970 on a visit to Buxton I walked into my favourite night club and saw her dancing with another guy. Montego Bay by Bobby Bloom came over the speakers, he got my elbow, I got the dance and the girl. Married 1971 without an engagement ring and still in love.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3