Jackson

Anyone have news?

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I completely agree with you CliffTon.  I still find this new set-up a real pain, having to scroll down looking for a topic I want to read and seeing pages of Word Games.   I used to spend a lot o

I'm the first to agree we need "banter" (whatever it is).  If the site was only about Nottingham and absolutely nothing else, it would become a bit academic and serious and only suitable for anoraks.

CliffTon ........ really enjoyed his photos and posts

There are literally hundreds of ex-members who never post. There is a massive list of people who registered, made one (or less) posts, and never come back again.

And I'd never heard of Scooter Sam before.

Melton Stilton, Sussex Red.

• Upvote 1

As I have reported elsewhere, I met Jackson at the 2014 Crane School reunion, and subsequently posted a picture of her. With the meet-up about to happen I twice went round to her place, hoping to persuade her to come along, join in the fun and get back into her stride again. Sadly, no-one answered the door, but she was probably out somewhere.

• Upvote 2

Scooter Sam was living in the Parkview court flats in sneinton .....she has registered under different names ( always sam ) but was interested in the history of the flats and Victoria baths...........she also lived in Radford and posted about her area.....

• Like 1

I did have a look on Ancestry.com at the Births and Deaths: to see if I could find out if a Peter Dome from Sheffield was registered in either. I couldn't find anything, so I thought perhaps it was not his proper Name or age.

It's a shame we don't know, but if he is still around, I wish him well.

I noticed when I returned from a long weekend. Thanks Cliff.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know what happened to: 

1. Darkazana.

2. Piggy and Babs.

3. Jackson.

Chulla saw Jackson after she stopped posting, I think she had dropped her wi-fi. Not sure about piggy and babs, but they do post every now and again on FB.

Or 1. Tomlinson.

2. Melton Stilton.

3. Sussexred.

4. Trevor S.

5. Elaine.

If you have nothing better to do for a few minutes, try this............

On the options across the top click -

Activity - Search - Member Search.  

Then over on the left, click Custom.

Enter a Start date some time in 2006, and an End date in 2007  (or anything from a while ago).

Then click Search Members in the bottom right.

Then be amazed at the number of people who registered all those years ago and never made more than 1 or 2 posts.

Time for a cull then Cliff. 

• Upvote 1

As was initially brought up at the time of the relaunch, it falls over unless you wait at least 15 seconds between movements.

Basically, it's too bleddy slow. 

1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

Then be amazed at the number of people who registered all those years ago and never made more than 1 or 2 posts.

I think you find most of those where/are the same person! Wheres me mate Beef?

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

They exist but you have to scroll back further down the list to find them. They are quickly swamped by the word games.

Yesterday evening at 9pm (14 hours ago as I write this) I added this post in an old thread    https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/8146-mount-street-bus-station/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-531636  and I'm pleasantly surprised to find it's had 8 "Likes" since then.  So there obviously is a market for that kind of thing.  People are getting used to having to wade through the trash.

• Like 4

'Wade through the trash' !  Marvellous ! It's the fault of this new system, and it's inadequecies that is the problem.

Under the old system, everything on the same topic was condensed into one section, thereby you only had to click once, and it showed the first unread post. 

It's  high time amendments were made by now instead of the constant griping about word games and suchlike ! 

Actually, not everyone wants to constantly read about Liberty bodices, recipes, herons and ponds. Where's the Nottingham connection there for Gods sake ?

Annoyed ? You're damn right I am. madashell

• Like 2

Nostalgia-----Nottstalgia. Doesn't exactly do what it says on the tin  :angry:

What about a section only for Nottinghamshire history and interests?

Rog

• Upvote 1

There is Rog, but some folks tend to go off at a tangent.