Whatever happened to......?

Assuming you want to be close to Eastwood, I have heard good reports of the Nelson and Railway at Kimberley as a place to stay.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186356-d1456696-Reviews-Nelson_and_Railway_Inn_and_Hotel-Nottingham_Nottinghamshire_England.html

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I completely agree with you CliffTon.  I still find this new set-up a real pain, having to scroll down looking for a topic I want to read and seeing pages of Word Games.   I used to spend a lot o

I'm the first to agree we need "banter" (whatever it is).  If the site was only about Nottingham and absolutely nothing else, it would become a bit academic and serious and only suitable for anoraks.

CliffTon ........ really enjoyed his photos and posts

This has kept me awake all night! Whatever happened to "Spot the Ball"? Was the ball ever in the picture? I heard they used a great big pin that was put though all the entries to find the center of the ball? My Granddad had a rubber stamp with 100 crosses on it. Anyone knew anyone who won oat on "Spot the Ball"? Anyone got any tactics or tips?

These are things I need to know?

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

It was DJBrenton, and yes, he always thought that he was right. I didn't !

• Like 2

Hard to  speculate as to why folks disappear.  There are as many reasons as there are people.  I suppose some get offended or misread what someone says.  Some have a question or two and just drop out.  It would be easy to do when you know longer live in the country like myself.  I don't have much to contribute about Nottingham.  Haven't even visited since 1997.  I still think Nottstalgia folks are great though and enjoy a bit of daily interaction with them.  Even if we don't always agree.  That's not the point.  I've sure learned a lot about Nottingham that I didn't know when I lived there.  I sure hope some folks haven't just died, but there's no way to know unless a relative steps in.  Really just like life I suppose.  We become friends with folks in different places but sometime contact is just lost along the way.   Sorry for long post, I guess I'm just thinking out loud as it were. ;)

• Like 5

Absolutely spot on LL. Many different and varied reasons as you say. Don't worry about your lack of current knowledge re Nottm, just keep posting from the Sunny South !

• Like 1

It is a pity that DJBrenton was not given counter arguments based on facts and research. It is called debate. He was just told to 'shut up' either because there was no counter arguments or because he was indeed 'right'. Not always right but mostly. He steadfastly defended his corner and maybe this was interpreted as being obnoxious? He was definitely 'ganged up on'. It is easy to make posts for popularity - not so easy to  stand alone and take the cross fire.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

PP, he was NOT ganged up on ! People on here have their own opinions, and mostly are not swayed by the views and opinions of others. If people frequently opposed his views, then that is their freedom of speech to do so. Maybe his opinions weren't as popular as you seem to think. Because you have similar views to him certainly doesn't make you both right !

• Like 1

PP totally wrong. DJB had to have the last word everytime. When the Brexit vote was known he couldn't leave NS quick enough ! He would never accept defeat. Debate with him was futile.

Actually away from politics DJB was a very decent bloke.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ha ha.Now, now, Catfan, don't you be a stirring !  You said on here you saw him a few weeks ago. You naughty boy !

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Ha ha.Now, now, Catfan, don't you be a stirring !  You said on here you saw him a few weeks ago. You naughty boy !

Not stirring at all FLY. Just asking the question !

Dawson.s input on here was good stuff !!

Livened the day did Missjacnotts.........gets 50 replies to her first topic on her first day........ruffled everybodys feathers.........don't get me wrong cliff ton you did right..........just thought it was quite funny...........:crazy:.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1