Whatever happened to......?

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I completely agree with you CliffTon.  I still find this new set-up a real pain, having to scroll down looking for a topic I want to read and seeing pages of Word Games.   I used to spend a lot o

I'm the first to agree we need "banter" (whatever it is).  If the site was only about Nottingham and absolutely nothing else, it would become a bit academic and serious and only suitable for anoraks.

CliffTon ........ really enjoyed his photos and posts

4 hours ago, denshaw said:

They have developed a camera with a shutter speed so fast it can photo a woman with her mouth closed.

It can also catch a man doing summat useful...1/100 000 000 of a second!

• Like 4

Whatever happened to "Elbow Grease"?  I spent nine hours working on my old range cooker yesterday.  Worked hard at getting the carbon caked cast iron back to a raw grey metal surface and then ran out of elbow grease and had to sit down with a pint to recover.  In the old days I had elbow grease to spare but these days it is in very short supply.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On the subject of photographers leaping out at you in Skeggy: Here's a photo taken by such a photographer circa 1955.  Note the number in the bottom right-hand corner.

22523322907_a2f4cb9aed_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
8 hours ago, Compo said:

Whatever happened to "Elbow Grease"?  I spent nine hours working on my old range cooker yesterday.  Worked hard at getting the carbon caked cast iron back to a raw grey metal surface and then ran out of elbow grease and had to sit down with a pint to recover.  In the old days I had elbow grease to spare but these days it is in very short supply.

Send the apprentice out for a tin!

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Ben, Radford Red, as an active referee, I can answer your questions regarding the Laws of Association Football. Indirect free kicks are only awarded for technical offences, such as offside, impeding an opponent's progress with out making contact with an opponent (any contact results in a direct free kick), dangerous play, such as a high foot (again when no contact is made with the opponent). All penal offences are punished by direct free kicks. Regarding the kick off,  the June 2016 FIFA IAB law changes, remove the need for the ball to be played forward at a kick off.

Thanks Deepdene boy..........what about the throw-ins IE ball behind the head ?

10 hours ago, radfordred said:

Why have we two "Whatever happened to" both started by @Compo

Someone asked this question before; the answer remains the same: Because Compo is a dozy pillock. :Fool:

• Like 1

Ben, it is generally accepted that as long as the ball passes through the vertical plane, rather than having to go right behind the players head then the throw in is deemed to be legal. Who wants to see numerous throw ins being retaken, rather than just getting on with the game.

• Like 1

I probably agree Deepdene...........but having spent so many years,,.....with it being wrong''  just Irks' a bit everytime i see it...........and feet on the ground throughout the action....BTW...was you a Ref' in Nottingham ?