Whatever happened to......?

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I completely agree with you CliffTon.  I still find this new set-up a real pain, having to scroll down looking for a topic I want to read and seeing pages of Word Games.   I used to spend a lot o

I'm the first to agree we need "banter" (whatever it is).  If the site was only about Nottingham and absolutely nothing else, it would become a bit academic and serious and only suitable for anoraks.

CliffTon ........ really enjoyed his photos and posts

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Great to be back. I'm enjoying browsing the site to catch up. I've spent the last couple of years with my head stuck in my laptop doing a Master's degree with the Open University. Finished this summer so I'm FREE! Sort of shuffling my feet and looking around at the world and wondering, 'Now what?'

The options at the moment are indoor hang gliding or extreme embroidery. 

• Like 9
18 hours ago, EileenH said:

I've spent the last couple of years with my head stuck in my laptop doing a Master's degree with the Open University.

You haven't told us the subject of your degree.  Anything useful, or just something you never got round to in your earlier days ?  

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, EileenH said:

Nah! It was Creative Writing - aka making things up and writing them down.

Our eldest grandson has just achieved a good degree for 'Creative Writing' at Gloucester (based at Cheltenham).  He hasn't looked for a job using his qualification yet - I suggested journalism as that is a LOT of creative writing!  However he is working at the Co-op during the day to get a bit of money, also working for Deliveroo some evenings.   Great what a university education can get you.....

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Ideal for setting up as an estate agent! ;)

...Or a career in Politics!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 12:46 AM, IAN123. said:

Whatever happened to Christmas Day Footy?

Looking at the picture, Ian, I am tempted to ask: "What happened to footy in the snow, rain, ice, etc.." It seems that matches are postponed for any but the finest of weathers these days!

• Like 1

Never recall a game being cancelled even at school in the 50s..............thick snow.....frozen Pitches.......waterlogged......minus degree's....School.....played on em  all.........never any injuries..............

I rember rugger at Mellish. A raw wind used to blow over the frosted field in the winter. Unlike soccer, rugger is very much a stop and start game with regular intervals for scrums and lineouts so there was lots of hanging around getting frozen. The games master would be wearing a thick overcoat with scarf and gloves. I hated it. Further up the school, when I had the option, I chose cross country running where at least you were moving all the time. I became school champion and was selected to run for the county. Not bragging!:biggrin:

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Mistletoe ain't seen any this year? 

Behave your self rr what you want mistletoe for.

They've got lots at Halams in Beeston and there is a tree in my local park full of it all

you need is your long handled loppers 

• Like 1