Whatever happened to......?

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I completely agree with you CliffTon.  I still find this new set-up a real pain, having to scroll down looking for a topic I want to read and seeing pages of Word Games.   I used to spend a lot o

I'm the first to agree we need "banter" (whatever it is).  If the site was only about Nottingham and absolutely nothing else, it would become a bit academic and serious and only suitable for anoraks.

CliffTon ........ really enjoyed his photos and posts

The French can't make proper chips. For one thing, they fry the spuds in olive oil, not beef dripping or lard. They're also so skinny they're more like matchsticks - and gravy? Never heard of down here. A jus or a sauce is NOT the same thing as gravy and never will be.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, jonab said:

...they [The French] fry the spuds in olive oil, not beef dripping or lard.

Might have known the froggies would get it wrong! Can't trust them to do anything right. 

thumbsup

On 12/31/2018 at 12:21 PM, FLY2 said:

I've never found many southern chippies that do gravy. Can't have a mix in a tray without thick gravy !

This is the way to have chips...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-42858274

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Loppylugs,where is he? not heard from him for some time, I know he did have a bit of ill health but thought he was doing ok, hope he's alright, miss his posts

Rog

• Like 1

Loppy is ok, he pm'd me, but disillusioned with the situation here.

• Like 2

Just been reminded of Tonka  toys...   one of our sons received a big yellow digger when he won a competition in the Dandy or Beano, I think it was.  He was only about 7 or 8.   They were very well made.

• Like 2

Not necessarily Phil, they'll have a free rein If more leave. 

Seeing the Tonka psots reminded me of the TV advert: "Tonka! Real tough toys, for real tough boys!" I don't suppose they are allowed to say things like that any more.

• Upvote 1
On 6/2/2019 at 3:18 PM, philmayfield said:

So are many of us but we can just put the irritants on ‘ignore’. They still clog the site up with their incessant postings but you don’t have to read them. Ignore them and they might go away!;)

No such luck

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think the clock shows about quarter past eight or there abouts but if someone said 8:40ish I wouldn't argue.

1 hour ago, Geoffrey Dennis said:

Thanks Brew, so not exactly the crack of dawn, but yet the square is still empty.

No Sunday trading.

Very few companies working on a Sunday, anyone working would be going there on a bike.

Very minimal buses running, because of the above.

And they won't be Postmen, no Sunday deliveries.

Maybe Railway workers?

Possibly a few Black and Whites sat on the rank on the other side of the square.

No reason for anyone to be around.

And I'd suspect the photo was staged, particularly as the photographer is sat on the kerb up against the railing.

They'd probably waited for the right time to get a near perfect shot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Whatever happened to Tubby the Tuba ?

• 2 weeks later...

Elaine H ? Bulwell Brian ?

Hi GD., if memory serves me correct, it was a bit like a song story similar to Sparkys magic piano, probably in the late fifties. Tubby was a tuba that could talk, in a fashion . Bet some clever clogs will come on and put me right. B.