Compo

Whatever happened to......?

Hi GD., if memory serves me correct, it was a bit like a song story similar to Sparkys magic piano, probably in the late fifties. Tubby was a tuba that could talk, in a fashion . Bet some clever clogs will come on and put me right. B.

59 minutes ago, Geoffrey Dennis said:

Forgive my ignorance but who or what the heck was Tubby the Tuba?

There you go, fill yer boots...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Geoffrey Dennis said:

Thanks Brew, a minor irritation for what appears to be a Musical------there is no sound!

Got sound on mine GD., never realised it a cartoon though. Told you some clever clogs would put me right. Cheers Brew. :bravo:

Your right about Sparky, was well ahead of its time. Beekay.

Talking of whatever happened to.....Does anyone remember the hot dog sellers who used to frequent  around the city centre, with their little push carts? Bags of bread rolls and tins of frankfurters, fried onions if you were lucky. I assume they were heated by calor gas. Nowhere to wash ones hands etc. My mate used to have a cart and he said it was quite lucrative, till you were moved on by Plod.

• Like 1

Thanks Beekay, I don`t know what the technical term is, but the cartoon morphs into a selection of other cartoons which do have sound. 

19 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Does anyone remember the hot dog sellers who used to frequent  around the city centre, with their little push carts?

Still one at Ocean, but don't know if he has a cart, I'd imagine they got driven off the streets by Environmental Health

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/ocean-nightclub-hot-dog-seller-2805986

I meant the bloke selling the hot dogs, (or donkey's plonkers as my mate called them ! When he set out to work a stint, he always used to take clean, wet facecloth in a poly bag). Never asked him what he would do if he wanted the toilet. Another thing, they never worried about being robbed. B.

2 minutes ago, Stuart.C said:

Had a look at the link Stuart, thank you, but don't think I'd buy one from him. Wonder how much they are nowadays. Have no idea where the Ocean is so can't comment, and I don't mean the seaside !!

The reason I mentioned hygiene was that many years ago there was a Hot Dog Seller pitched outside of Boltons Burnden Park, with a permanent "dewdrop" hanging from his nose. Never  saw him again after a gang of Chelsea fans pushed his cart over. Perhaps they thought they were performing a public service?, Not!.. 

57 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Have no idea where the Ocean is so can't comment, and I don't mean the seaside !!

Sherwood Rooms /Astoria

Much obliged Stuart.   cool2

On 12/5/2017 at 7:24 PM, LizzieM said:

What’s happened to the thread about Infants needing the toilet during lessons?  

When you gotta go you gotta go :crazy:

• Upvote 3

Catfan gone from Bulwell..no sign of him on Greasley recently..done a bunk..no answer on phone or crystal set!!.spooky...

Not off one of his famous bus tours?

I hope Catfan's OK.   

• Like 1

Likewise Bubblewrap. Although I did see him on Arnold Rd a few weeks ago.

Think Bubblewrap just got bored, plus he’s back in Nottingham and has lots of Real Ale pubs to frequent, infinitely better than Loughborough! 

• Upvote 1

Bubblewrap contributes to the Nottingham threads on FB. 

I can see why Andy walked..80 odd posts about Fig Rolls etc..really is taking the biscuit...very little Nottm here..you old ones should start a Whats App somwhere else.

• Like 3