Whatever happened to......?

Thanks CT.  Glad he's still active.

Still no sign of John. (Ayeupmeducks)  Doesn't answer emails either.  We always got on well and he was prompt in replying.  Nothing I can do.

• Like 1
  • Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I completely agree with you CliffTon.  I still find this new set-up a real pain, having to scroll down looking for a topic I want to read and seeing pages of Word Games.   I used to spend a lot o

CliffTon ........ really enjoyed his photos and posts

It is a pity that DJBrenton was not given counter arguments based on facts and research. It is called debate. He was just told to 'shut up' either because there was no counter arguments or because he

John is on my FB. I looked when he last posted on there, July 2022. I used to have his email address but I don't any longer. 

If I remember rightly I think CT said the last time John posted on NS was around October 22.  He was never critical of NS so i don't think he would just drop off.

Seems to me that is the biggest weakness of Inet forums.  There is no sense of closure.  If someone just stops posting it is doubtful we will ever know why.

PS.  I still have his email.  He was more prompt than me in replying, but nothing since October.

• 1 month later...

I’ve been wondering about Albert Smith and his tales of train driving, ballroom dancing and wine club.  He was a regular at the meet-ups, often with his lovely wife Barbara.  He wrote his life story,  had it bound and lent it to a few of the regulars.  He seemed pretty down when we last saw him and more or less stated that it would be the last time we saw him.  
There are several more old regulars who don’t appear anymore, so sad, but it’s lovely when a name from the past re-surfaces.  

Logs me out automatically Katy if I navigate away from the site for a while.

Question is, I guess,  where do we now login on this new page?  I couldn't find any way to do it.  Just used to have it set to 'remember me'  Then just hit login.  Worked every time.

I'm listening ya know ! Now why on Earth would I want to say 'Clear Off' ? Although there some I would like to say it to. I welcome your contributions, even if you are younger and cleverer than me.

I never became a teacher, but then again, you never became a streetcar conductor. :rolleyes: I hope our chats last a long time, (as with all the other NS who bother to converse).

Your servant ma'am.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Sorry to put this here, but what happened to the login box.  I got here via a search engine that still had the old login page.

What device are you using to view the site ?  Desktop/Laptop/Phone/etc.

When you try to log on or off, is this what you see ?

Ij9sOwx.jpg

Click on the three dots on the right, then scroll down and click on 'Desktop Site'.  That should give you the option to log in or out.

I did that CT, but no difference.  I dont seem able to reach the very top of the page anymore where sign in etc were located.  Gotta go out now I'll check back later.

31 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

I did that CT, but no difference.  I dont seem able to reach the very top of the page anymore where sign in etc were located. 

Are you able to test it out on any other device ?  eg Someone else's computer or phone ?

I had similar problems last time there was an update. Found if I turned iPad round so it is on its side I could log in. Just stay logged in all the time now.

It’s just like people round here trying to make a mobile ‘phone call. I’ve seen them across the road from the pub, standing on the five bar gate, holding their ‘phone in the air trying to get a signal. People ask me why I’ve still got a landline!

• Like 3