• 1 month later...

Why has no one picked up the baton Ian 123 left,I miss all the historical pictures he posted and his memories of Nottingham from the 60's/70's (aren't they what this site is all about?)

come on you lot get posting your memories and funny stories before this site dies altogether

Rog

Edit, I know he's only on holiday but come on!!!!!!

• Like 3

You have to pick your time when posting anything interesting, it will only get buried under word & song with little or no views, now could be a good time, while their having a afternoon nap? 

Here start you off with this gem, it's a cracker, loving the mini van, the chimney gets a mention in other threads, which I was going to put it in the other day, but the gamers where on, it would only get lost. 

Dzv12SkWwAAC0u3?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 5

I remember walking down there Red, the chimney you mentioned has memories for me,well not the chimney exactly but the factory, the wall that ran alongside to pavement had those breeze blocks set into it so you could look through the wall,on the other side of the wall/breezeblocks was a small fish pond with a water fountain in it, always stopped there to have a look at the pond and fountain,something different for a little kid who lived surrounded by houses and factories,good post Red full of memories

Rog

gonna have another look at the picture now to see if anymore memories come back to me

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Little Plum, was he in the Beano or Dandy? whichever it was he was "good injun"

Rog

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

WHY do we have eyebrows? What useful purpose are they? The older we get the worse they look. In old men they can look like caterpillars on steroids. In old ladies, they migrate south only to sprout out of the chin.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Apart from keeping hairdressers in luxury lifestyles why do we have any hair at all...     :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, katyjay said:

In old men they can look like caterpillars on steroids.

Dennis Healey was a great example of that.

W7iOrjD.jpg

I can never decide if they don't notice, or just don't care. Don't they see it the way everyone else does ?

His wife was a great exponent of equally silly hats. She wore two absolute corkers when giving out prizes at The Manning speech day at the Albert Hall in the early 70s. She made Carmen Miranda look under dressed!

• Like 1

A 92 year old neighbour has eyebrows that get tangled in his eyelashes, perhaps I should offer to trim them for him but as he’s got Parkinson’s It could be disastrous!  

Ears keep growing as we get older too so I’ve decided to grow my hair :biggrin:

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, denshaw said:

Don't forget to trim your nasal hair too Liz.

Damn, didn’t think it was that noticeable.  I’ll have to start a trend and plait it. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Ears keep growing as we get older

Really Lizzie I didn't know that, I've started tucking my hair behind my ears because

it irritates me when I'm doing things. I'll have to check to see if my tabs are to big now.:rolleyes:  

• Like 1

Several things continue to grow as we age although turning 40 was a big disappointment. My waist line is trying it's best to make up for it.  :mellow: