Is there any member who is having same problem as me? I have a Ford Fiesta and on short trips the CDs are fine, but on a long journey when I take out the CD after playing it is so hot you can hardly hold it. The car is only four years old, have contacted Ford dealer to see if their has been a recall but they say not, when I share this information with other Ford owners, some seem to have same problem. The Ford dealer would like to do a diagnostic test at a cost of £80 plus I don't fancy paying this out.

So have any of N/N members any idea's  please?:Fool:

For my sins I also own 2013 Ford Fiesta EcoBoost from new, Its only done 4000 odd miles I think the furthest its been is East Midlands airport, If I was to change a CD I usually do that before I drive off, but I can report now you've mentioned it, the odd time I've taken a CD out on the run, yes it's been red hot! I think its most probably a design fault, heater underneath to close to the CD player? Four years old it would now be out of warranty & I would say a day job to remove & refit the dashboard & realign the heater? If that even worked? Plus a stonking bill :crazy:

So bottom line, don't think I've ever had the air con on? The heater stays on setting one on de-mist, cold in summer, hot in winter, you've pointed out a problem that I never knew existed! If it bothers you too much I did look to part chop it, a month ago I was offered £7,000.00. backseats never sat on, I've never lifted or even seen the engine! You've got me wondering now Mary if its even got a engine? 

Life's to short to worry about it, turn that CD player up, switch off, drive safely & have fun.

• Upvote 1

They do tend to be hot when in use because they have a laser beam shining down on them to pick up the information off the disc,same happened on my Corsa,Yaris,Peugeot 207 and company Toyota pickup truck,hope this helps

Rog

Exactly the same on my Peugeot 308. Very hot, and I often wonder whether or not it's safe to put the CD back in its case. 

It takes a lot of heat to cause damage to a CD,they are coated in aluminium,don't worry enjoy listening to music while you drive,there is enough to worry about on the roads as it is without inventing worries

Aluminium absorbes heat very quickly but it also disperses it very quickly

Rog

Post #2

Thanks radfordred  for the reply had many cars in my time even BMW  but have now got same as you. This is going to be our last car, I must admit when on my own CD is playing full blast it's the only time I can sing (make a noise) with out being heard, will carry on as normal just hope that it doe's not catch fire, but HAY-HO like you say life's too short. ps still think BMs are best but master wanted this one.

Thanks to all members for post

I will just carry on as  normal hopefully.

Ford and the other makes of car have got a lot to answer to, talk about health and safety, which keeps getting slung at us.smile2

Recently updated my CD player.  It even plays USB sticks now.  I've copied a lot of my music from CD to USB.  One 16 gig USB can probably hold most of the music I own anyway.

The player is probably worth more than the car now.  :wacko:. A 1998 Crown Vic.  I love it and I've kept it like new.  It's almost an antique now, like me.  :)   One of the best cars Ford ever made.  I'd say it rides like a Rolls but I've never ridden in a Rolls.

• Upvote 2

A big thanks to all members who gave advice.

I just won't play my CDs on long journey's.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I seem thick. But what is a phone adapter and where can I get one,looked online and so many different ones.

I bought a new retro style phone ,and have now found I need an adapter so I can plug in the posh coloured wire that goes with it,it came with a black wire which doesn't look as nice.I should have said that the posh wire has the same small fitting on both ends,one goes in the back of phone,the other is too small to plug into the virgin phone thingy.