Similar to my Mrs catfan......always fancy hiring a Scooter when i'm in Spain,,lots of oldies like me i see going up the hills in a morning to tend their plots.....then coming back about lunch time with lots of their produce strapped to their Scooters.........love to get up the hills with em, Chew the fat, pick a few Olives and Tomatos,have a smoke,,and generally put the world to rights,,........Donna flatly refuses to Ride Pillion or even pick Olives.....lol

• Like 4

When I was younger I use to have an allotment , the wife could never understand why I use to spend so much time up there and come back with a smile on my face. Spending time chatting with the older gardeners was an education and a pleasure.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Think they were near the Globe cinema if not in it

Rog

Edit, just remembered Brierly (sp) Smith were up Arkwright street, they used to make fibre glass components for motor cycles, seats,side panels fairings tanks, A guy call Mr Sheriff was forman or sommat

Rog

• Like 1
3 hours ago, plantfit said:

Read somewhere that Swallow made sidecars and they were bought out by Jaguar

Rog

Swallow sidecars were in Blackpool, founded by William Walmsley and William Lyons.

They finally moved to Coventry and became Jaguar Cars - the rest is history !

• Like 2

Blacknells made the sidecar bodies on the wharfe at Lenton on the canalside ,I cant remember the exact location but it was around the tv studios ,the Garage and pumps was at Trent Bridge end of London Rd ,they sold petrol over the pavement  served  by an extremely busty young woman!

• 2 weeks later...
On 19 July 2018 at 12:20 PM, IAN123. said:

Preferred the Commando..used later.

I had a friend who had a Norton Commando, 750 fastback. I love Nortons and had an ES2 for years but didn't like the Commando. Tried to make them compete with the big jap 4 cylinders and the crankshafts flexed so much they had to have what they called 'blend' big ends to allow for the flex. A real bodge.

i remember Dave Needham the boxer who I knew well had a Dunstall Commando. I think it did about 60 in first.  

• Like 1

the superblend bearings were the mains I used to have them ground to fit triumph cases and you could rev them till the valves floated with no ill effects ,I have about a dozen pairs of triumph cases with the sides blown out that testifies to it working bodge or not I never broke one after we used the superblends

• Like 1