Baby Boomers' Guide To Growing Old

Called at a motel once to check prices.  After giving me the numbers the gal said, We have seniors rates too."  I was mortified, I was only in my early forties.  Got back in the car and wife said, "Wot's up wi yo."  Or words to that effect.  When I told her she thought it funny.  I didn't.  :rolleyes:

Edited to add:. Wotsup wi a cardigan anyway?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

I've always preferred cardis to pullover type sweaters

My office can be freezing in winter so we have what we call a communal 'mardy cardi' ! First one to put it on is a wimp! :blink:

• Like 4

I walk the hills in "Shirt-sleeves".  If it gets cold I put on my hill coat.  I can't walk far in a coat without breaking into a sweat - even in winter!

Bu**er growing old: I went to pick SWMBO up from the hairdressers & the young girl thought I was in my mid 40's, (I draw my pension next year) made my day & I'm still walking on air. People have always under estimated my age, I used to get chucked out of pubs when I was in my late 20's. When I was riding my Honda 50 all legal at 16 the cops would pull me as they thought I was 12; I got funny looks waiting to take my driving test at the test centre when I was 17; when I took the ADI advanced driving & instructing test's the chief examiner kept calling me "young man" I was 34, same on check test's. People seem to think I'm younger as I'm 5'2", that put the kybosh on being a copper, but I'd have  been sacked for not doing motorists for minor offences...

• Like 1