• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you're right, BS.   I have - or had - a lot on PB, but I was only using it to link to Nottstalgia. I never used it as a storage facility, and everything I had on PB is still availabl

Just cleared what few pics I have on PB and deleted my account in answer to the question why do you want to leave I told them straight I no longer want to be involved with people like them.

So has Mrs C  !!  

Been struggling to download my albums off PB, that site is very slow tonight, must be thousands of disgruntled customers pulling out.  Lets just hope that other hosting sites don't go the same way  :tony:

I doubt that I'll even bother to download them, Mick.  All my photos are on my HD so I won't lose them even if PB slams the door.  I haven't wanted to close the account until they cut the links with NS because if I close the account they will definitely be cut and so far they are still working.

I've just been on to photobucket to see if my photos were still there.  They did flash on to the screen but then a box appeared with the following message:

bes-t-to-p-applicatio-n-online.site

WARNING

Apple iPad is infected with virus and immediate action is required

Continue with instructions to fix Apple iPad

Do not close this window

**Exit atyour own risk**

Then there was an 'OK ' box which I was supposed to click on

I didn't click on OK and tried to close the tab, but it won't close!  I switched the iPad off completely for a while but when I switched on again the box is still there when I open up Chrome, the tab still won't close and I can't open up a new tab.  I don't want to click on OK - it seems dodgy.  HELP PLEASE!

I'm using the ordinary Google to post this

• Upvote 1

Hey Margie. If you hold down the home bottom in the middle of your iPad all of your open apps should appear. If your browser is showing with that message. Swipe it away to forcefully close it down and that should get rid of it. Alternatively go into the App Store and uninstall the Chrome app and then reinstall. Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

Thanks, Melissa xx. I uninstalled Chrome,then reinstalled it and the nasty little box is now no longer there so I'm happy.  I'm not going to visit photobucket anymore in case it happens again!   

• Upvote 1

I have just 2 photos on Photobucket, both linked to a thread on this site and both are still there. My guess is that they have not got to blocking the "small fry" like me yet. All our photos are backed up on hard drives at home. Several copies. We will not let them hold us to ransom. 

I think you're right, BS.

I have - or had - a lot on PB, but I was only using it to link to Nottstalgia. I never used it as a storage facility, and everything I had on PB is still available somewhere else (such as Picture the Past, or in various books, or my own photos).

I was obviously targeted by PB because of the number of images (2000 +) which were all linked. But they have only disabled a random selection, there's no obvious reason for those which remain and those which have gone.

Photobucket have generated a massive amount of bad publicity for themselves over the internet. I won't be using them any more, but there's no need for me to download what I have there. And I'm waiting to see if they begin to backtrack when they realise they slightly overdid things.

• Upvote 3

Just finished the mammoth task of downloading all my photo's from PB & putting them on PI, a bit of a nightmare downloading thousands of photo's. But still it gave me the chance to merge a few folders & delete some rubbish at the same time.

Good Bye PB it was good while it lasted !

• Upvote 1

57. I had a similar incident with some stupid ad that took over my IPad,  Margie.  It just would not go away even after rebooting.  I got on my laptop and googled the problem.  Turned out it is a phishing scam.  They tell you you have won a prize if you hit o-k.  Then they want your e-mail phone number etc.. The article said, go to settings, browser history, and delete history because it is hiding in there.  I did that and all was o-k.  

Edited to add.  I think you are right Cliff.  #60.  I suspect when they see just how much bad publicity they have made for themselves they might try to backtrack.

I have the utmost sympathy for site owners who have thousands of pictures linked to their site from PB the untold damage is immeasurable .PB ought to be blacklisted globally, I hope they go under.

• Upvote 2

Thing was, Mick they tackled it so badly.  A month or two's notification would have been appropriate and a much lower price option for those users who may have really wanted to stay there.  As it is their greed has messed up their whole reputation.

as the Word says.  "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil."

• Upvote 1

Quick question for all you now Postimg experts.  I opened an account tonight I haven't played with it much.  I just uploaded a couple of folders of photos from my laptop.  I made a new folder on PIM in this case called 60spics.  Then uploaded the 60s pictures but they appeared a in a folder named 'default the new folder I made is still empty.  Its getting late and I'm tired, but is there some way to move them on PIM  or rename the default folder?  I can't see a way to do it.  Also tried to change my password.  It wouldn't let me.  Maybe it just doesn't like Linux or maybe you have to use the pw they give you for a while.  Any ideas?   Thanks.

#66 Seems to me you are over-complicating it. Loppy. As someone who does not post many images, why do you want to create folders? As and when you want to post a picture just click on it in your normal file where it is stored. Likewise the password - if you do not log out then you do not need to log in with your email address and password. I never did with PB and I don't with PI.

It would seem that whether you use a PC, laptop or tablet makes a difference to the part of the post routine where you select one of the eight options. Selecting Hotlink to Forum does not work for Margie; she has to select the second option.

• Upvote 1

#66.

I can't see a way to rename a folder either loppy. What I would do is delete that folder & create another one !  Making sure first you have your pictures safe.

If a particular member doesn't post many images I see no significance in the comment above  " As someone who does not post many images, why do you want to create folders?", Perhaps some members have other forum interests too ? or just want to store their images safely somewhere. Whether they are infrequent posters of pictures or not is up to that individual.

• Upvote 1

Can't see your point, Mike. I have folders dedicated to particular subjects in my Documents section. If I want to transpose an image from them I just click on it and PI inserts it. I see no need to have folders in PI, if that's what Loppy's trying to do.

Thanks gentlemen.   It may just be that I am trying to use it just as I used PB.  I had all my photos stored there in different folders according to year or subject.  Starting brand new on Pim all that appeared was a folder called default.  I created a new folder which it allows you to do then I selected it and hit upload.  They still ended up in default.

As regards the pw.  I always learned to change the pw that the site gave you to one you make.  I'm old fashioned I guess.  I always log out if I'm not actually using a site.

I think maybe I need to watch some of those YT tutorials.  I guess I don't really need to store 'em all online anyway they are all on a couple of hard drives.  One on my computer and the next lot on a separate backup drive that I store separately.

btw.  Where are our avatars stored?  On NS or PB?  If we close the PB account there goes the avatars too.  I'm too flipping lazy to change mine.  It's been Jake for years:biggrin:.

Avatars can be stored anywhere. If Photobucket haven't started trashing your account, I'd leave your avatar where it is.  Mine is on my HD, but if you move yours remember to re-link it from your HD.

And on a similar subject............

Things which need to be changed but which I can't do.

M2pa3ZK.jpg?1

I realise that PB haven't handled this very well and can understand the feelings of the Nottstalgians.

However, if Nottstalgia is at risk of being decimated with the loss of all it's photos etc, isn't it worth

paying the small fee to keep it intact until something is worked out.

I can see your point, Michael, but IMHO they would like that.  A small fee multiplied by hundreds or even thousands of people amounts to a lot of money for PB.

They had it in their power to give advance notice of this move a couple of months before they actually did it.  Now they are holding multiple users and sites to ransom. That does not deserve a reward.  They could drag that out indefinitely.  Kiss 'em goodbye and let it be a lesson to other such sites that treating a customer that way does not pay.

• Upvote 1