I've just found out Photobucket no longer allows 3rd party linking of photos in our accounts anymore on the free accounts. So to "embed" a photo you will need to find another photo repository, or upgrade to a paid account with Photobucket. I see this costing Photobucket a lot of advertising losses.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you're right, BS.   I have - or had - a lot on PB, but I was only using it to link to Nottstalgia. I never used it as a storage facility, and everything I had on PB is still availabl

Just cleared what few pics I have on PB and deleted my account in answer to the question why do you want to leave I told them straight I no longer want to be involved with people like them.

So has Mrs C  !!  

I'd not read it, but experienced it on my mining forum, I wondered what the hell when I went there this morning, no homepage background photos. I'll check out imgur later, if I like it I'll open an account and upload all the photos I have that were embedded on my sites pages.

I was reading that even paying clients are having problems with embedding photos on their sites from Photobucket.

I can see them losing a lot of money on advertisers cancelling accounts.

Too bad about PB.  I've noticed for some time that it links to many ad and tracking sites.  That really slows it down and makes it clunky.  I'll check out Imgur for future uploads.  I guess if we delete the P B photos that will leave a lot of holes in former posts.  Probably the best thing to do is leave PB active for now but upload any new pictures to Imgur.

Greediness sure messes things up.  :angry:

Flickr has also changed . Can't seem to upload images from android phone or link to individual photos . 

Dave, any link you used to embed Photobucket account photos are now gone, they have suspended them, probably for good as they are now "hawking" the paid account. Someone has mentioned they couldn't remove their photos from the account so as they could cancel their account.

I'm slightly confused as to what exactly has changed and what effect it has.

I've just created this test image, put it in my Photobucket account, stored it, and now it appears here. So nothing seems to have changed from my end of things - and that's on the basic free account.

testing1_zps3rra6hdc.jpg

This is my home page, look at the background, should have shown "tiled" trepanner photos...http://coalmine.proboards.com/

I also checked "embedded "photos in my forum pages and they are gone and in their place is 3rd party hosting temporarily disabled 100% full.

To gain access I'm asked to register and pay a fee.

Tinypic which is run by Photobucket is no different to what it has ever been. I have always found it much easier to use than Photobucket anyway.

1z6wc2x.jpg

#17.

Thanks Lizzie.

I have been experimenting with other various Image hosting sites & found this one very easy to use & only a few conditions.

https://postimage.io/

Main condition is no image over 8mb, which should never be that size anyway for internet posting. I always use a free picture size reducing program called

Pixresizer.         https://pixresizer.jaleco.com/?network=ContentSearch&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=UK%3A Design Photography Software&utm_term=Free download PIXresizer&utm_content=pixresizer

Postimage I found to be very user friendly as I know some members struggle a bit with PB, Postimage is very self explanatory & simple to use too.

• Upvote 1

Check out your older posts where you embedded a PB photo, I'll bet it's gone.

Trouble is, I cannot remember where or when I posted pics.  I just tried searching but nothing came up.  If they have already removed them I will just close their account if they want to be like that.  Teach 'em a lesson!!!  :angry:.   As if they care.

edited to add.  Just remembered after I posted that I had some pics in the Henry Mellish thread.  They are still there as of right now.

P1050732.jpg

just signed up with "postimage" as suggested by Catfan,here goes,saw this on our visit to York at the weekend,hope the picture comes through

Rog

• Upvote 1

Superb Rog.