Since moving to Old Basford two weeks ago I have been doing a little exploring. :)

And this morning I found a over bridge(Park Lane) of the back line even after 50 plus years of closure the bridge sides are still in good order.

A little further a way there are walls belonging to a bridge of the GCR near to the site of Bulwell Common station

There's loads of bits still in situ Bubble. You'll have a whale of a time sussing them out.

Turn onto Brooklyn, there's another bridge there.

Energetic ?

Not railway I know but this morning walked from Old Basford to Slab Square took a little over an hour (not bad as I'm 68)

But I did take the tram back after a coffee in spoons :)

I think Linby and Annesley are well within your capabilities Bubble. Get out there while the weather is reasonable. 

One walk I've done several times is northwards parallel to Hucknall Rd, past Tesco, then towards Bestwood Village and past the lakes. You can then look at the little description boards and get your bearings. (Assuming that they've not be vandalised and thrown in the lakes of course)

I've often done that, but you have to take a slight diversion near the back of the City Hospital.  

The railway in question - although it's all long disappeared.

Daybrook Square, showing the railway bridge which has now gone, and the Morley factory which is still there. And a lot of empty spaces.

daybrook

• Upvote 1