Nottingham Evening Post Holidays

Anyone remember the holidays the Nottingham Evening Post used to run in the seventies?

I'm particularly interested in one that would have been between between 1974 and 1976 and I think it was to Moscow? Would love to find out exactly when it was.

Andy

My Dad was on that trip to Moscow. Unable to assist with the exact year but I bought him a Russian fur hat for Christmas either Christmas 74 or 75 so the trip would have been January/February the following year. I remember Dad saying that a group of men on that trip were regulars in the Hand & Heart on Derby Rd.

A funny story... Dad got on the Russian Vodka after a visit to a circus in Moscow & during that night  was physically sick. Whilst vomiting he lost his dentures down the bowl so on the flight home  was unable to eat any solid food & had to drink everything through a straw. Once home Mother was not impressed. Dad then decided to claim for his lost teeth on his travel insurance & put in the claim at five pounds. The claim was accepted by the company but they went on to explain the policy was subject to five pounds excess.

Both Dad & Mum are no longer with us so I'm unable to clarify the year but somewhere in the Russian sewage system is a set of Dads teeth. Anyone finding them can keep them if they fit as Dad has no use for them anymore!

Hope that helps you Rhymester with your inquiry 

• Upvote 2