Very sad. He made some good posts. RIP dgbrit.

Sadly I've heard today that Nottstalgian dgbrit has passed away.  

I've never met him and know little about him other than Derek lived in California for many years, was married to a Nottingham (Clifton) girl and they bred and showed dogs.  

He was very ill with Cancer a year or so ago but evidently improved as last Autumn he flew across the States to Florida to see his old friend Bryan (Mudgie49) who was going through serious health issues himself.  

I'm a Facebook friend of Mudgie's wife Denice and this is how I know this scant information about dgbrit.

By all accounts he was a good man, may he rest in peace.

• Upvote 5

Thank you Lizzie, I knew nothing about dgbrit personally only that he was a member who often posted on NS. Thank you for sharing your knowledge about him. Our condolences to Denice and family.

I found out through Face Book, where we've been corresponding for a number of years, even doing a video link a couple of times, he was always a very pleasant friend indeed.
 I have to admit to a few tears last night when I found out but I didn't post on here as I couldn't remember his user name.
If any of you have long enough memories it was his photo of his father (Who was a WW 22 Polish Sqdn Spitfire pilot.) That I cleaned up for him , It'll be on here somewhere.

• Upvote 1

I've found the thread with the photos of his fathers logbook and a picture of the man himself

• Upvote 3

Thank you Beefsteak, I just clicked on the title in the blue and it took me straight to the thread. A very interesting read and, the photo was very clear. I'm sure dgbrit appreciated your work. 

So sorry to hear of the Passing of DGBrit, Derek, a long time and valued Nottstalgia member.

Condolences to family and Friend, of which he has many here.

After too long of an absence of posting on the site, it is with a heavy and sad heart, I pay tribute to my mate of 55 years. I'm surely going to miss the guy. Derek dropped everything last September and came to Florida to take care of the family while I had surgery to remove a tumor from the right hand side of my brain. Spoke to him the day before he died, planning another get together this October to meet at the newly opened Ace Cafe here in Orlando. Gonna miss you, Derek. Love & Peace, Bryan & Denice

• Upvote 7

Just read about dgbrit. My condolences to his family. Cant remember if we ever exchanged posts. 

I am dgbrits wife from nottingham living in California. I wish to thank you all for your kind words. Derek will be truly missed.

• Upvote 3

So sorry to hear about dgbrit his post's will be sadly missed, condolences to his family. Sorry don't know dgbrits wife's name but do keep in touch with N/N as I feel as though we are one big family. We all need to help each other no matter how far away we live.

Only just picked up on this as I've had a busy week this week and not been in here much, what with the wife's eye surgery etc on Monday.

My condolences to Derek's family.  His posts will be missed.