Ever lost something that you thought was lost forever but it turned up later? 

Many years ago my late husband was really upset when he lost his wedding ring.

He got a replacement but it just wasn't the same.

Years later he decided to rotovate the upper level of our garden that had been neglected for a few years.The rotovator suddenly came to a stop,he thought it was broken..looking underneath he saw something caught in the blades...his wedding ring,undamaged.Strange because it was the first time he had tackled that bit of the garden.

• Upvote 2

Oh yes. I recently did something similar. I'd been gardening and when I went to wash my hands I saw that my wedding ring was missing. (Not my original one because I'd lost that some years ago!) I searched the garden together with my neighbour but couldn't see it. I wailed to her, 'How could this happen when I had my gardening gloves on the whole time?' She gave me that look and shook her head. Doh! Yep, it was in me glove.

• Upvote 4

Years ago my husband bought me a gold chain bracelet which was so comfortable to wear I never took it off.  One morning I was in the shower and realised to my horror that the bracelet wasn't on my wrist.  That day I back-tracked and went to every place I'd been to the day before ......but it hadn't been handed in so I resigned myself to the fact it was lost forever. 

A YEAR LATER  my husband came into the house and told me to open my hand and close my eyes, I was loathe to do that, thinking he was going to drop a frog or something into my hand.  He'd seen my bracelet glint as he worked with a big fork moving a dung pile in our field!  At the time I lost it we were lambing and as it was so comfortable to wear I didn't even realise it had come off.   A quick scrub in soapy water and it was back on my wrist. 

• Upvote 7