BBC Top Paid Stars

I no longer have a tv so don't have a licence! I don't miss it because I never watched it anyway. If I want to listen to drivel I can do my shopping in Tesco in the rush hour...no fear!

I'd rather read a book or listen to music or sit in silence and meditate. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I believe it is time the licence fee was stopped and the BBC made to fend for itself. It might look after the money a little better

• Upvote 1

Chris Evans...... Highest paid...... We're totally MAD.compusmash

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, MelissaJKelly said:

I thought the same thing. Can't think of a worse presenter to be racking it in!

Jeremy Clarkson ? (yes I know he no longer works for the Beeb)

I WOULD pay Claudia Winkleman in used washers actually !

Completely and utterly talentless. 

• Upvote 1

There is so much inequality in this country,I bet all our forefathers who fought for justice and equality are weeping

Rog

• Upvote 2

Well, I know what my paternal grandfather's advice to his son was in the 1930s. Don't put on a uniform for your country, lad. All you will get is a kick in the teeth!

Ted was a veteran of Mons and appalled by the way ex servicemen were treated after the Great War. What he would make of the 21st century and its values, I shudder to think!

I scrutinised the top list this morning, and was absolutely astounded. The BBC has the temerity to refer to them as its 'Top Stars'.

STARS ! The poor delusional bosses must be on a different planet, and what in Gods name is their over inflated salaries ?

They're not stars, they're a bunch of newsreaders, presenters, DJ's and other assorted media employees. 

All I can say is that the British public are misled, misinformed and utter mugs for putting up with it. YES, ME INCLUDED!

• Upvote 1

I have a rather nice recording of Alvar Liddell reading the news. Perfect enunciation and not one occurrence of the word 'like' where it shouldn't occur. I really am going to throttle someone one of these days because this mode of speech INFURIATES me!  :angry:

My forefathers probably fought for equality - so long as there was little chance of achieving it. I remember an instance as a child listening to my grandparents arguing when grandma said " huh, you always think you know more than me", to which granddad replied "of course I know more than you, I'm a man"!

Of course that was then, in this more enlightened day and age I give my better half full autonomy to decide when to do the laundry, sweep the drive, go shopping, clean the house..............

• Upvote 2

Yeah ! I'll believe you Brew.

I don't resent anybody earning money, you all you make your own deals in life, if you know your worth & your employers are willing to pay it, you've done a good deal the trouble is the BBC is using your money :crazy: good luck to em.

The ones that need sorting out are the top people that allow talentless people to get these wages in the first place. Some of the news readers can't pronounce words correctly, others seem to think that it is all about them when they are interviewing. No sooner than they have asked a question, but they are interrupting the person trying to reply. This is not the sign of a good journalist, even if they do not agree with the answer they should at least have the courtesy to allow it to be given. Stop the licence fee and let them fend for themselves if they think they are so good.

• Upvote 1

On a more local level, why on earth does it take two people to read the East Midlands News. Another to read out the sport reports, and yet another to inform us of the weather. Even I'm totally able to do that lot on my own.

As well as the disliked people on the list, I can't fathom out the attraction of that giggling Welsh buffoon on The One Show. She makes my blood curdle. In fact, the whole programme is a waste of effort and energy.

• Upvote 1