By way of introduction, I lived on Southglade Road between 1947 and 1962-ish. Though I can't remember waht I just went into ther kitchen for, I can remember nearly all of the family names for the bottom half of the road from back then. I do remember exchanging memories with Colin from No 40 a good while since - is there anyone else out there, maybe ex henry Whipple or High Pavement?

• Upvote 1

Yes welcome uncle mort, i was andover rd 1945 to 67,had lots of school pals on southglade,i went to henry whipple and padstow, sling us some names reckon I'll know emĀ 

Hello Benjamin. Funnily enough, though I know both ends of Andover (or Handover as I recall reading on one post - says it all, dunnit!) I can't remember any names from there. We were quite friendly with a Polish family called Buj (Booey) on Leybourne Drive. Names from Southglade included the aforementioned Colin, then from about 50 down there were Bayliss, Hitchcock, Wass, Carlisle, Buckingham(?) Crampton, Mortimer, Brown, Morton, Kimberley, Mee, Savage, Nicholls, Churchill, Sunderland. There are a few missing however.

I remember the shops near Marble Arch: The haberdashers, newsagents, hardware, Marsdens, Marlows the greengrocers and, at the bottom, an off-licence (or beer-off as we knew it then). I'm sure having been a long standing subscriber you'll be able to fill in the gaps.

• Upvote 1

I know most of those names,if you look on the thread for bestwood estate you'll see alot of their photos from schooldays, i worked in marsdens on andover onleaving school in 1960

Can't help you at the moment as i am using my phone on holiday,but I'm sure someone on here will put you right, Ā on the photos you will find, trevor bayliss,david churchill,kath buckingham,colleena mee,and probably many others you knew,another thread you might find interesting is the one about marsdens,where many bestwood familys names ive mentioned,

Welcome uncle Mort. Ā The photo issue is not the fault of Nottstalgia. Ā Photobucket just decided to charge for hosting photos and cut the links to photos already posted. Ā Hope you keep posting anyway.Ā :)

• Upvote 1