So that's it then no more petrol or diesel cars after 2040.

This is one they really have not thought through the country would grind to a halt with in a day. The ten new nuclear power stations or 10,000 wind turbines will not have been built so the lights will go out with the lack of power. All the charging points will not have been installed so instead of queuing for ten minutes for petrol you will queue for hours to charge your battery. A great many of the mechanics will not have been retrained to work on high voltage so if your car breaks down it stays broken down.

The list goes on and on, our politicians are nothing short of a joke......................

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pollution ? What pollution ? Nothing like the fog, smog & pea soupers of years ago where you couldn't see in front of your nose, bus conductors having to walk in front of buses, household chimneys

Reading in the paper today it seems there is a difference of opinion as to how much trouble the pollution really causes with one eminent doctor saying they over egging the pudding again.   H

Test driving a new Leaf? Hope you didn't turn it over, Den! 

Anti was nearly run down by one of these ugly Jap bean cans the other day, as I didn't hear it coming round the corner.

Also what about "Classic Cars" just merely museum pieces never to grace the road again ?

The PC brigade want us all riding cycles, except for those in power of course !

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, radfordred said:

Thinking ahead I might get an horse while their cheap :rolleyes: 

A horse sounds good, but one bought today would be good for nothing by 2040..... 

It will  be back to horse drawn caravans as well, as an electric car wouldn't be able to tow our caravan, unless they will be more powerful by then?  

Don't know why I'm even thinking about it as I'll be 97 or dead in 2040!!

Wonder if they will make all aeroplanes be electric by 2040 as well. Piston engines and jet. The amount of pollution they kick out!

There will be less pollution at ground level but more pollution in the air because by then the new runway/airport will be up and running with a lot more aircraft in the skies so everything will be equalled out

Rog

Electricity causes pollution, take a look at what Ratcliffe on Soar station churns out.

Unless there is magic electric tree growing in a garden somewhere grown by the fairies it will never happen.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

So that's it then no more petrol or diesel cars after 2040.

This is one they really have not thought through the country would grind to a halt with in a day. The ten new nuclear power stations or 10,000 wind turbines will not have been built so the lights will go out with the lack of power. All the charging points will not have been installed so instead of queuing for ten minutes for petrol you will queue for hours to charge your battery. A great many of the mechanics will not have been retrained to work on high voltage so if your car breaks down it stays broken down.

The list goes on and on, our politicians are nothing short of a joke......................

Have to start breeding these :)

A week or so ago the UK managed to go a whole day without coal generated electricity 

I'm thoroughly sick of hearing about pollution, and it's so called cause of asthma, brain damage etc.

The one good thing that possibility could emerge from this is the removal of speed humps and the like. The amount of damage they cause is immeasurable. I took my car in for its MoT test in June and it needed a new spring. Damn me, a few weeks later whilst on holiday in Dorset, I must have been on some rough road, as another seems to have gone. Sod the clattering, it can wait !

Pollution ? What pollution ? Nothing like the fog, smog & pea soupers of years ago where you couldn't see in front of your nose, bus conductors having to walk in front of buses, household chimneys spewing out smoke like the clappers. Pollution nowadays ..............MEH.

It's the PC brigade wetting themselves with excitement again that's all !

• Upvote 5

18. Now they were real fogs, Mick.  Dahn Netherfield we also had the railway yard spewing out smoke.  You could cut chunks off with a knife down there.  That's why us Netherfield types are so tough.  :biggrin:.

• Upvote 1

Reading in the paper today it seems there is a difference of opinion as to how much trouble the pollution really causes with one eminent doctor saying they over egging the pudding again.

His view is, yes it can affect peoples health but has to causing 40,000 deaths a year well this as to be clarified because it actually shortens your life by about.................2 days. Don't know about anyone else but I would gladly give up two days and pay less bloody tax while I am here.

• Upvote 5

More Power !!

Theres enough hot air around the Westminster area at the moment to fly a squadron of airships to any holiday destination of your choice

Rog

• Upvote 2