The one I bought was a folding bike without a crossbar but I still couldn’t hoik  myself onto the saddle. Next time I’m in Halfords I’ll see if there’s one that will accommodate me. I’m not a fat bastard by any means but less flexible than I used to be.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pollution ? What pollution ? Nothing like the fog, smog & pea soupers of years ago where you couldn't see in front of your nose, bus conductors having to walk in front of buses, household chimneys

Reading in the paper today it seems there is a difference of opinion as to how much trouble the pollution really causes with one eminent doctor saying they over egging the pudding again.   H

Test driving a new Leaf? Hope you didn't turn it over, Den! 

On 11/27/2020 at 11:58 AM, philmayfield said:

The politicians who want to send us ‘electric’ seem to focus just on the tailpipe emissions which is just too simplistic. I think that cleaner, conventionally fuelled cars is the way to go.

On 11/27/2020 at 12:46 PM, MargieH said:

You mentioned in your other 'electric car ' thread (!!!)  that people focus too much on the exhaust emissions from conventional cars.  Have you ever pushed a toddler in a buggy along a busy street in rush hour in a city?

One of the reasons that Toyota are focusing so strongly on hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, the only tailpipe emission is water. Of course the problem at the moment, other than lack of infrastructure, is producing hydrogen in a cost effective, environmentally friendly way

Do they though??? I was watching a story on them yesterday, they are a drain on the grid, FOUR DAYS TO CHARGE THE LATEST HUMMER!!! What good is that??

They are out of the range for the average low income earner, cars that is, the Hummer costs nearly as much as a new house, new batteries cost 20-25 thousand bucks!!!

They are heavily subsidized by governments or even those who do buy them would be buying a car with an internal combustion engine.

Then in places like California, how do you charge them when wildfires have taken the power out?? Or even southern Florida??

I watched a video of a police car chase after some crims, they were driving at 130-150 mph, the police officer was doing well to keep up, that is until he ran out of power.

• Like 1