Elms Junior school chums Rebecca Bailey & Leroy Morrison

Hi everyone,

I grew up living off the Woodborough road. Alexandra Park as it was called then.  We all went to Elms Infant and Junior school.

Two of my closest friends around that time were Rebecca Bailey who lived on the same road as me. She went to the local comp up the hill.  Leroy or Delroy, (I can't remember which) was in my class for the last two years at Elms school.  We sat next to each other and took our 11 Plus together.  I went on to Forest Fields Grammar for a couple of years.  He went onto a local Boys school I believe.  

I would love to get in touch with both old friends and catch up.

• Upvote 1

What years were you at FFGS Lorraine? I was there from 56-62. Hated every Godforsaken minute of it !

• Upvote 1

Haha I didn't get on very well there either.  I went there from 70 - 72.    It was so exciting passing the eleven plus... but no I had a hard time coping with the enormous change of teaching methods and classes.  I spent most of my time attending violin classes.  Got on very well with the violin and viola teacher.   Missed most of the other lessons, was always late and never had dinner there...spending the lunch money at the shop across the road   I was always told to run the 2000 yards around the sports field cause I never remembered my kit.  Or it got stolen etc etc.  Eventually I was lucky to go to a girls independent  Hollygirt Girls school, down the road from my old Junior school.  I thrived there.

• Upvote 2

Hi Jill, I remember some of my girl friends from growing up went to Manning.  They hated it too.

Welcome, Lorraine!

I've yet to meet anyone who enjoyed life at The Manning and I've met former inmates from the 1930s up to the time I was there, 1969 to 74. 

Hope you enjoy this site and manage to track down your friends. :rolleyes:

Yes, It was a sorry fact of life!  We all dreaded going there.

Thank you very much, Jill and FLY2 for responding   I think it will be a great site to get involved in.  Although I have travelled a great distance and now live miles away from Nottingham, I still have a soft spot for us Nottm = ites or life as kids..growing up there.. and I often think back to the great times and the many friends I made there and the special times we had.  That's why I hope to find my old Jnr sch buddies again.