Window cleaners?

Anyone have a window cleaner anymore?

I contacted one online who said it would be £25 ,and wanted me to have them cleaned every 4-6 weeks .Not sure what the going rate is now.:wacko:

Here in West Mids We have a window cleaner, he cleans them once a month and charges £5.50 for just the front of house entailing 'Two Bays; one small Bedroom and a Porch'. There is no access to our back of house except through the garage, so we clean those ourselves. Afraid the Bathroom high up on the side of the house and the back bedroom get a bit neglected, but the large Patio, dining area and kitchen  are within reach on steps, so I do them...............sometimes.           I imagine he would probably charge another £5.50 for the back three?

We had a window cleaner until a year ago.  He charged £13 for our bungalow - 2 bedroom windows, one kitchen window, two bathroom windows (only one bathroom, though!) patio doors and one large 'picture' window.  There are also windows in the front and back doors.  I thought this was quite reasonable but we have decided we can still do them ourselves, so we will until we get TOO old and decrepit!

However, I think we live in a part of he country that is quite expensive generally

Only last week got a text from. Window cleaner asking us to leave back gate unlocked,

It was for our old house we sold three years ago,,,,,,dont even have a back gate now,,

Here in Bakersfield mine are cleaned once a month and costs £10.  Bay window, large kitchen window, Two doors - one with a side window too and one tiny storeroom window.  Upstairs 4 fairly large windows and one bathroom.  He uses ladders for the upstairs.  Nice friendly guy too. 

There seems to be a lot of variation on pricing but it's got to depend on how long it's going to take the window cleaner to do the job, which also depends on accessibility and type of windows. We have 22 windows, some big plain glass and some original leaded lights. We have inside and out cleaned every two months for £55 and are pleased with that.  

If he uses ladders it is his own risk. They are not supposed to go up ladders nowadays. I asked one the other day.

edited: It was a window cleaner I asked not a ladder  :laugh:

• Upvote 2

We want some ridge tiles re-set but keep putting it off because we don't want the house scaffolded up for such a small job.  Blooming 'elf n safety. 

Windows cleaned once a month. Between £8-12 depending upon the amount of windows. I'm pleased with that !

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

We want some ridge tiles re-set but keep putting it off because we don't want the house scaffolded up for such a small job.  Blooming 'elf n safety. 

I'll reset ya ridge tiles lizzie 

What are they?

• Upvote 2

Thankyou  everyone for your help,it seems like I was about to get ripped off.

Now can anyone give me a name/ phone number of the window cleaner who they have? I didn't realise they were not allowed to use ladders anymore.

Sean Paul....... 07870- 379014

What folks are referring to are the Working at Height Regulations 2005, this is guidance for professionals and overseen by HSE.

Nothing is banned not extending ladders or step ladders or even pole ladders, but the killer for window cleaners is the first bit of advice they give 'avoid working at height where it is reasonably practical to do so'. With modern equipment it is practical to clean most domestic windows from the ground, so anyone who uses ladders would have invalidated their insurance both personal and third party for a start.

Resetting a few ridge tiles unless truly unusual may be done by trained personnel using a ladder and crawler, in fact in some cases it may be the better way to do the job.

I have not done the WAHR course but then again at my age I no longer go up ladders, both the guys completed the course back in 2006

• 3 years later...

For a semi-detached house with 10 windows and two doors, my window cleaner charges £15 per visit every month and £25 for the first clean.He uses the pure water method, which has proved to be effective so far. There are no water stains as it dries. He just works on the outside. I had no idea that certain people did it on the inside. I spoke with one company about window cleaning quotes and told me that:
Residential window cleaning costs differ depending on the amount of windows that need to be cleaned and their height from the ground.
Window cleaning costs differ depending on the size of the building and scope of work. Many cleaners may ask how easy the windows are to reach when quoting for window cleaning services; if they are especially difficult to reach, an additional charge will be applied to the final window cleaning amount.

At our last two storey home we used a hose on product called Glitz. I found it brilliant, it removed dirt and dust and salt spray also. It dried without any streaks or water spots.

Don't have to use it now we have a single storey home and can reach all the windows from ground level and now use Windex - ammonia free.

Glitz_Website_2000pxl_OutdoorGlassCleaner_2L-768x768.jpg

1 hour ago, Oztalgian said:

Don't have to use it now we have a single storey home and can reach all the windows from ground level

Our upstairs windows have a moveable latch to allow them to open at 90 degrees to the frame, so I can reach them by sitting on the window sill.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jasper B said:

my window cleaner charges £15 per visit every month

That's way more than we pay for more windows and  glass patio doors!... same method too.